Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Guide Gear® Extreme Deluxe Climber Stand >

Guide Gear® Extreme Deluxe Climber Stand

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Guide Gear® Extreme Deluxe Climber Stand

Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Guide Gear® Extreme Deluxe Climber Stand

Anyone buy this climber. I have read good reviews about it but just wondering what you guys think? Its less then $100 good deal for a climber.

http://image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/120429_ts.JPG?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg
Old 10-25-2008, 01:09 AM

Default RE: Guide Gear® Extreme Deluxe Climber Stand

I own a summit. It will cost you about 150 dollars or so more but look at this way, how much does it weigh?Anything more than 25 lbs is kinda tough to carry for awhile, and for that price it is probably steel not aluminum so it would be pretty heavy. Also, is a treestand really where you want to go cheap? I dont know about you but i want to feel safe and spend the extra money for piece of mind. Just my 2 cents. If i were you, and if you can afford it but a summit. The Summit Viper SS is selling for about 219.00 or 229.00 and is worth every penny.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:47 AM

Hey Miz, i'm looking at the same unit, they do have an aluminum one that is 5 lbs less. I think the steel one would be fine for me, but I own my property and don't walk that far. So it depends how far you plan on hiking the unit around and what Mohunter referred to, safety? Don't know of anysafety issueswith guidegear unit, but there other products I purchase have been nothing less then steller!
Old 10-25-2008, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MOHUNTER1977

I own a summit. It will cost you about 150 dollars or so more but look at this way, how much does it weigh?Anything more than 25 lbs is kinda tough to carry for awhile, and for that price it is probably steel not aluminum so it would be pretty heavy. Also, is a treestand really where you want to go cheap? I dont know about you but i want to feel safe and spend the extra money for piece of mind. Just my 2 cents. If i were you, and if you can afford it but a summit. The Summit Viper SS is selling for about 219.00 or 229.00 and is worth every penny.
That's what i use and its worth its weight in gold.