Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

butchering table?

Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default butchering table?

I was wondering what you all use as a a butchering table? Yeah can use the kitchen table but the wife wont like that. Can you use butcher pastic or what ever you call that stuff?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: butchering table?

I butcher in the garage. I pull the large chest freezer away from the wall, throw down some large, clean cardboard and get to work. My wife will let me bring the meat inside but not in any sort of form still resembling a deer.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use my butchering table. Its a real butchers table, 4' X 5' with about 1-3/4" stainless steel framed legs on wheels. Butcher block top.

Now this is gonna hurt some of ya but I got it for FREE. Right place & right time. They had used it at a supermarket as just a table and the microwave over that was on it melted the cord and put about a 2 inch deep burn into it about 1/4" deep.

That burn don't bother me none.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Get yourself a big sheet of plexiglass (i.e. Lexan) that will cover a table. It is easilycleaned up after butchering and does not take the edge off a knife.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

3/4 inch sheet of plywood on tall saw horses. Dish soap, bleach, and water scrubbing with a brillo padto sterilize it before and after we're done. It's the best wood cutting board.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use those white plastic folding tables, I do it outside on my back patio, I have a butcher band saw as well with a grinder next to it. I want to do a counter with sink outside on the patio as well, that would be nice. Like an outdoor kitchen.

It would be easy to do a make shift one, just buy a counter top with sink, build a 2x4 stand for it and hook a water hose up to the sink faucet, thats an easy cleaning station for deer and fish for outside.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iuse a peice of actual white plastic cutting board.... 2' x 3' x3/4" thick. It works awesome, and I just scrub it up in the tub afterwards.

I would recommend getting one a little bigger if you are gonna get one. 2'x3' works good, 3'x3' would be perfect, imo.