Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please Help!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM

Default RE: Please Help!!!!!!!!

Yah I'd Suggest you skip the morning hunt, you don't want to be hanging from a stand with only 2hrs sleep.

Go home, sleep 4-5 hrs, wake up around noon, and get ready to hunt the evening hunt. That is what I would personally do. I also work some night shifts (like this week) and I know that I just couldn't function without any sleep.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

The best way to reset your inner clock is to go to bed and sleep until you wake up. I know its hard with a family/life/work and stuff but it is really the only thing that will cure your sleep deprivation. I've been in the Coast Guard for over 13 years now (boat driver here) working at a search and rescue station is just like working at a fire house. We typically work and train all day then end up pulling the all night SAR case towing a boat in all night and into the morning. A few days of that and you are toast. The best thing to do is try and get atleast 8 hours of totally uninterupted rest/sleep. Easy to say right? LOL but seriously it's the best way. My advice is get that 8 hours and go kill something will ya!?!? LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: inkercg

Shock collar. if you feel like your going to fall asleep just push the button. and bam you have an awaking jolt.
Not around your neck though, another area a few feet lower and you'll never fall asleep!

What about those ab shockers that came out a few years ago. Just put it on intervals of 30 seconds and you'll never fall asleep......and have washboard abs!!!!

For me, I'll get out there, hunt off the ground or in a tree for the first two hours then either come down off the tree or if Im hunting on the ground, lay back and take a nap. It's the only way I can do it.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Spike

ZMA or melatonin will help you get into a deep, restful sleep fast. May not help much, but at least what little rest time you have could be used to recharge your batteries.