Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please Help!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Spike

Default Please Help!!!!!!!!

I am a night shift worker and I am used to going to bed about 1-2 hrs before i need to get ready to go hunting. I've tried sleeping those few hours but near impossible to fall asleep and dead when i get up. What seems to work best is just to stay awake but then I'm dead tired and falling asleep by midmorning. I've tried the "5 hour energy"
drinks and cappacino but doesn't seem to work to well. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks, Shaner
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Please Help!!!!!!!!

Shock collar. if you feel like your going to fall asleep just push the button. and bam you have an awaking jolt.

JUST KIDDING......

I've been there and just suffering though it was the only thing i could do.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

put ice cubes down your back or something cold
Old 10-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Been there, done that. Just no fun, and no solution. Only suggestion I'd have is to quit hunting mid morning before you get sleepy(too dangerous in a tree stand), go get a few hours sleep and try to have an enjoyable afternoon hunt.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Getting too little sleep creates a “sleep debt,” which is much like being overdrawn at a bank. Eventually, your body will demand that the debt be repaid. We don’t seem to adapt to getting less sleep than we need; while we may get used to a sleep-depriving schedule, our judgment, reaction time, and other functions are still impaired. Many studies make it clear that sleep deprivation is dangerous. Sleep-deprived people who are tested by using a driving simulator or by performing a hand-eye coordination task perform as badly as or worse than those who are intoxicated. Sleep deprivation also magnifies alcohol’s effects on the body, so a fatigued person who drinks will become much more impaired than someone who is well-rested.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

When you get real sleepy, just grab a big pinch of nose hair and give a yank. It'll wake the dead...
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

Drink like 2 or 3 5 hour energy, or the caffine pills, those work great.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 PM

Ill be honest, I have really struggled with this, I am always wanting to wake up late and not get up early. What I have found is that if you set 5 alarms on your cell phone that will get you awake. Then after that make sure you take your saftey belt to the stand. No matter what, you are goin to at least not be tired by the time you get to your stand. I always nap in the stand, and anytime something comes close I wake up because I am a light sleeper. But the BFC Monster also works! lol
Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

I find it tough to sleep at night sometimes, and I kinda have this same problem. What I use is xenadrine NRG. Its suppose to be like 8 hour energy. It works. Thats prolly why I can't sleep, because it seems like it never wears off.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 PM

If possible make arrangements to take the day off of work prior to your hunting weekend. It will give you plent of time to drive there and get a good nights sleep. If that is not possible you can always forego the early morning hunt and get to your stand in the later part of the morning and do more of a late morning-luchtime hunt. Many of the larger bucks are taken at that time of the day.

TX7mmmag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.