Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Camp Pranks and Jokes?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Camp Pranks and Jokes?

oh yeah, putting icy-hot on the toilet seat is always a good one
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

always blame the new guy at camp for everything and see if he comes back
and tell him not to shoot anything but whats not around like if you have big bucks running around tell him to shoot small ones and see if he comes back with a story of a monster and a small buck
Old 10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Who ever puts on a gorilla suit and acts like bigfoot around some of my buddies in the middle of the night may accidentally get shot! lol
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

ya true dat
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

i iknow id shoot you
Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: matt6506

getting a gorilla suit and playing bigfoot(grassman in ohio)in the middle of the night

we had a cop that passed out one nite in the bunkroom and we handcuffed him to the bed and put the keys just outta reach
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 PM

A friend of mine and his family bought a gorilla suit this year. Cousin came over and they were all going out to ride four wheelers on the trails. He freaked out when he saw the guy with the gorilla suit running through the woods and standing in the distance. He went home and got his gun and was walking up and down the woods trying to find "big foot." They still haven't told him and he swears to everyone that big foot lives on their property. Probably one of the best pranks, but make sure the guy you are pranking doesn't have a gun on him.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago in Georgia, I had the opportunity to hunt elk out west. So, since I had never tried calling elk before I bought a few calls and tried them out one afternoon after deer hunting so I could have some practice before I headed out.

When I got back to camp, there was one guy all excited by the camp fire telling everyone he heard what sounded like an elk bugling. Everyone else was telling him that there wasn't an elk within 1000 miles of where we were in Ga and it must have been an owl or something. I was just about to step in and say it was me that he heard, but he kept saying "I grew up in Colorado and I know what an elk bugle sounds like!" So I thought I would just have a little fun with this. Once or twice a week I would drive to different parts of the hunt club and let out a good bugle and some cow calls from the road on my way back from work. After about two monthsI had everyone in camp believing there was a heard of elk living somewhere on the hunt club. I was especially amazed when people started claiming they found elk rubs and wallows! A few folks even thought they saw one![8D]I never did tell them the truth.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Typical Buck

Here'sone that's quite possibly the most devious I've ever heard...

This fellow, we'll call him "Dan" to protect all innocent parties, asks if he can come to a mutual co- worker's camp and deer hunt the rifle season several years ago. The camp agrees to let this guy come and he kinda rubs them wrong because he's the type of guy who just thinks he's the next Bill Jordan or Jackie Bushman, or whoever. He knows it all, and isn't afraid to offer his opinion to anyone who will listen, or just happens to be within earshot. The fact is"Dan" hadn't been hunting very long and had only taken a few deer. Now he's dispensing advice to some seasoned guys who have been huntingsince before he was a twinkle in his Daddy's eye. Not only does he dispense this great advice to these fellas, he actually pokes fun at them if they don't follow his advice. So the next year, after he kills no deer because he's "trophy" hunting, he asks to come back. After some long discussion it was agreed to give him a second chance.........and I think they all wanted to gig him a bit.

So they decided they'd use a particular part of his "advice" to set up the prank. You see "Dan" waxed poetic to anyone who'd listen about how the key to killing Big deer was in fact deer droppings. He couldn't understand why anyone would be dumb enough to hunt the edge of a cut over or a rub line or anywhere unless they found deer droppings, and not just a few piles. Oh no, "Dan" claimed that true trophy animals were always taken where you found tons of deer droppings. He reasoned that if a deer didn't stay there long enough to poop, he didn't actually spend much time there, therefore your odds of connecting with a big buck were diminished. So, my co-worker just happened to have an Uncle who kept goats and just a few days prior to the week they would arrive to set up camp, he stopped and asked uncle pete if he could scoop some up to take with him. He told me he got about six 5 gallon buckets full of goat droppings and headed for deer camp. He slipped down a draw to a creek that actually wasn't but about 150 yards from the highway and just started scattering it out. ALL over!
This particular spot was one "Dan" had theorized probably was a haunt of a nice buck because they routinely hung out where most people never thought to look for them. So, once everyone shows up to camp, they set up and start talking about where they're gonna hunt on saturday. Several guys wanted to check new areas and wouldn't you know it, "Dan" had been thinking about that creek spot for a few weeks.....no doubt because it had been brought up by my co-worker that there just couldn't be any deer sign there cause nobody had ever hunted it. (Hook set firmly)

So, "Dan" returns to camp that day and seems abnormally quiet. He's not dispensing advice, and more shockingly isn't really very talkative when quizzed about where he'll likely hunt come the opener. It was forecast to be brutally cold that weekend and "Dan" had decided to purchase a brand new set of those Real Tree insulated bibs to wear so he could stay on stand all day. So, someone......(I still can't get anyof those guys to actually admit to this part of it)......sneaks out of camp to "Dan's" creek stand and takes a nice firm dump right in the seat, and climbs down. They say it was even colder than forecast that night and everyone woke the next morning to frost so thick it looked like ice. Everyone was putting on every layer they had. "Dan" liked to get into his stand real early and left before nearly everyone else. The story goes he climbed in in the dark and with his new bibs and several layersof clothing on underneath, just plopped right down into it and didn't notice until it began to thaw......and smell. By that time he had thoroughly smeared it in.[:'(]

That's how the story goes, and since I actually work with these guys, I can tell you it did in fact happen. The thing is, after they did that to him, they never told him. They let him hunt a dead area all weekend and just acted shocked when he came back to camp....sullied."Dan" actually mentioned the whole bib incident once when a conversation was started among the guys about the worst thing that had ever happened to you on stand. I think I'd rather have died than tell that one on myself,lol.

GH
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: WestTexasDeerHunter

Do you guys have any new Deer Camp Pranks and Jokes to talk about? Looking for a good one.

Last year's best: Chicken broth cube in shower head, Monster deer Cardboard in tent, Deer Cardboard Image in trees in front of new guys stand, Setting everyone's alarms a few hours early, eating chocolate coverd raisins from the floor.

What's your best?
Dipping some ones finger in luck warm water while they are sleeping.
It will make them pee all over their self.

Just don't get caught LoL

Quick Reply: Deer Camp Pranks and Jokes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.