Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boot break-in question...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Boot break-in question...

I just bought a pair of Rocky Bear Claws. I dont really care much for Rocky boots...but for the price I had to buy these. These boots fit snug. I am wondering how much if any they will loosen up during break in? Will they loosen up any at all? If they just loosen up a tad it will be a nearly perfect fit.

I know all boots arent the same but what are youguys and galsexperiences with break in on hunting boots? I feel sure they'd almost have to loosen up a bit....but Ive been wrong before.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Boot break-in question...

I have a pait of Rockys and to put it short and simple, they loosened up a little, but not as much as I (or probably you) would hope!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

What I normally do to help break in any pair of boots you can line them with grocery bags or any type of bag that will hold water, fill them up and freeze them. Once completely frozen take them out and let them thaw out and dry out. This will help stretch them out and I find they are easier to break in. It might give you that little bit of room that you need.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

The best way to break in your boots is to fill your bathtub with hot water.....as hot as you can comfertably stand it. then put your boots on and step in. Spend some time flexing and working out the boot. the heat will cause the leather to relax and stretch. Hope this helps
Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had Rocky's for 20yrs. The last pair I bought was the same size as I've always had (10)....yet MUCH snugger around my feet - uncomfortably snug. I used them one season and actually had to sell them and buy a "10 wide" size. Hopefully they will break in for you, mine did not. Good boots though, I love em and get about 6-7yrs out of every pair I've had.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I load mine up with saddle soap, get them as tight around my feet as possible and do a bunch of squats like a baseball catcher. seems to work fine for me, though my wife always looks at me funny when I do it
Old 10-21-2008, 08:33 AM

I buy Danners and just go to my hunting grounds. Never really needed breaking in.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Boots that I have that are made of leather, I spray some WD40 on them and wear them. Do this about four times a day for about three days. They will loosen up to a perfect fit for me. Now for my turkey hunting boots, I just get in the ditch by my house and walk in the water for awhile and then wear the boots dry.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TeamBBD

I buy Danners and just go to my hunting grounds. Never really needed breaking in.
Same here

Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 AM

Wear a wet sock with soap on it, the boot will conform to foot. That how we broke in new hockey skates, it works. Do this a couple of times before you go out hunting.

Quick Reply: Boot break-in question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.