Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 gods countrypike county illinois >

gods countrypike county illinois

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

gods countrypike county illinois

Old 10-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Default gods countrypike county illinois

who hunts here? i dont care if u hunt public, outfitters, or own your land like me, who hutns in pike and whats the closest town?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:36 PM

Default RE: gods countrypike county illinois

Dont hunt there but i do hunt Marion wayne and Jefferson in Illinois. I have heard a lot about pike but that's kinda why never been there. I have to deal with the yankee's from Chicago to much were I'm at the way it is.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 PM

its true the outfitters are terrible to deal with, especially the crooked ones who dont respect boundaries...but we have seen amazing deer there

but truthfully all of illinois is great for deer and i would argue that its the best along with iowa
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Use to hunt just outside of Pittsfield. Hunted there from 1985 to 1998, seen a dramatic change in that era. Seen families break up and friends become enemies, due to the publicity of PIKE due to the television exposure. The hunting pressure became overwhelming and I had seen the future was looking bleak and I left to find greener pastures elsewhere......... Where the almighty dollar wasn't detroying communities and friendships..... That's why I sorta chuckled when I had seen the title of your post,,,,"Gods country Pike county Illinois"....!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubba123

who hunts here? i dont care if u hunt public, outfitters, or own your land like me, who hutns in pike and whats the closest town?
Which town you live in is the closest... whenI travel 3 hoursWest onI-72 to hunt with youover for a weekend
Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM

well i dont know about all that...and to whitetail crazy-im sorry u feel that way, but when you live there its a totally different story
Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 PM

Gods Country, what a joke! I in fact know a few people that hunt pike county, you have never been anywhere thatoutfitters and huntersare more rude, and unsafe. Joe Shmoe from Chicago has never shot a deer, and may not have ever seen one. Goes out hunting shooting at everything in site, outfitters dont care, they have his money. Pike County has had large deer harvested. However I think there days may be ending. The more deer they kill and the larger numbers of people looking for their dream, ruin the deer herd. You want to go pay big bucks to hunt pike county, go for it. I think you will be very upset by the end of season.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

If Pike Co is God's country, then I don't want to go to heaven. I have land I can hunt between Sunny Hill and Detroit. However, between the outfitter's sucking up every piece of land that has two trees on it and the local that don't want you shooting "their" deer, the entire county is full of a bunch of a-holes. I think it is funny that the Drury boys made their name in Pike and then bailed on the place spread their cancer elsewhere. LOOK OUT IOWA!!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I'll take Pope County Illinois anyday.......
Old 10-27-2008, 07:20 AM

i regret to inform you but...most outfitters have a minimum score that you can harvest a buck, the outfitters within 5 miles from me are bow-only and practice quality deer managment, i dont mean to make outfitters seem like great people, becuasei despise them...but in reality there arent that many terribly run outfitting gigs

im sorry you or your buddies or whomever has had a bad experience but on MY land that I OWN there isnt much better for me

thank you for being open minded

Quick Reply: gods countrypike county illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.