Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Head shot on does

Old 10-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Default RE: Head shot on does

NO WAY NOT FOR ME.... My wife's little brother tried this once, the result was a clean, swift,from me.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Last season we had a doe running around with a lower jaw missing and it took us 2 days to finally get her down. Some NYC "Vinny" from down state in the land next to ours was the culprit because a shot was heard on their side and a few minutes later she came running over to our side, ran under my buddy's stand with her jaw missing and blood going everywhere. This doe ran around for days in pain and for what? We took the deer and dumped it at the bottom of their road with a cardboard sign around it's neck. It read "Hey A$$*&#@ if we see this again around here there will be phone calls made to the NYSDEC" So hell no to head shots! A round into the engine room works every time. If you need a head shot to down a deer because either you are too lazy/incompetent to track if necessary then you probably shouldn't be out there anyway.

Mack
Old 10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

my ol man and ishoot deer in the head all the time. bucks or does. especially whenwe catch them in their bed. i could post some pics if ya want[&:]
Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

A round into the engine room works every time. If you need a head shot to down a deer because either you are too lazy/incompetent to track if necessary then you probably shouldn't be out there anyway.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

double lung for me...no head shot...
Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

under the right circumstances iwill shoot a deer in the head. i'vekilled several does this way.butas others have said you have to have utmost confidence in your shooting ability and your equipment to pull it off. i usually try for a lung shot though, depends on the situation.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Otsdawa_Game_Hunter

Last season we had a doe running around with a lower jaw missing and it took us 2 days to finally get her down. Some NYC "Vinny" from down state in the land next to ours was the culprit because a shot was heard on their side and a few minutes later she came running over to our side, ran under my buddy's stand with her jaw missing and blood going everywhere. This doe ran around for days in pain and for what? We took the deer and dumped it at the bottom of their road with a cardboard sign around it's neck. phone calls made to tIt read "Hey A$$*&#@ if we see this again around here there will be he NYSDEC" So hell no to head shots! A round into the engine room works every time. If you need a head shot to down a deer because either you are too lazy/incompetent to track if necessary then you probably shouldn't be out there anyway.

Mack
thats such a croc of chit! it isnt up t yu "h hly one" to decide where some one chooses to shoot a deer. for all you know it wasnt intentional. the bullet could have been deflected. maybe someday ill be able to preach like you and be as perfect as youTHINK you are
Old 10-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thisis one of those threads that just raises it's ugly head once in a while and all it does is get all us deer hunters at each others throat. I shoot for behind the shoulder, if you disagree so be it. We're adults (I think), to each his own...........I wish this subject would never come up again.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:25 PM

Easy now. children please get along this a place for opinions and we all know how they are. (everyone has one.)

Quick Reply: Head shot on does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.