Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do? >

If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

I try to stick it out, but I have left a few times because it got so annoying. I will always try to stick it out cause you never know what will come by later.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

This year my dad and I have a fewhunts get runined. One by a farmer, one by horses, another by a black cat, a dog, and our uncle mowing a field that he had to mow later than he usually does. Just waiting to see what happens next. At least it's getting colder. Just hopefully I'm not hunting when the farmer we got permission from doesn't cut down his corn when we are hunting out there. I hope he lets us know when he's going to do that.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

I always stick it out. Usually they push some deer by me.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

That doesn't bother me. The deer are used to that commotion. I have 5 deer that go along my backyard every a.m. ans p.m. religously. The dogs bark (they are in the fence) they just feed on. The only thing that seems to shake them is a person walking towards them. Stick it out.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

I voted "Yell" because the one time this happened to me, I yelled. I was hunting public land from a ground blind. Two louddrunk cowboys came riding down a trail in front of me. I thought I would wait and see if they pushed something after they went by. They stopped right in front of me to drink more whiskey straight from the bottle. This first one rode off. The second one threw up from his saddle. Then he dismounted to puke some more on the side of the trail (I'm sure his horse was proud). Now the whole hillside smelled like whiskey and vomit. He stood up and yelled to his buddy, "I ain't drinking straight whiskey no more!" I stood up with my rifle in my hands and yelled, "That's a great idea!" He sobered up real quick, jumped on his horse and took off. My hunt was ruined.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The other day ot back from work I decided to fling a couple arrows. I look up and here comes a guy and his two beagles. They were just out for a walk no big deal. I was done shooting anyway. I chatted with him a minute and when in to get my stuff. Not five minutes later I was walking out and there were deer walking the exact path he had taken...

I say stick it out if you can. Ecpecialy if its a fairly normal thing for the people or animals to be there. If the farmer passes through like he always does the deer get used to it. Of course if he starts working the field near you it may be time to leave. LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

i love to be in the stand watching the field the same day the farmer combines....always deer out there
Old 10-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a doe earlier this year that came by about a half hour after the landowner's wife walked past my stand to collect her horses for the evening. Stick it out.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

hold tight... ya never know whats gonna come through
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

obviously, extent/length of interuption comes into play, but in most cases, stick it out. Confidence in your stand location is the key IMHO.

Quick Reply: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.