Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do? >

If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Unless it is something out of the blue, the deer are used to farmers, cows, horses even cars going down the road. It's when that real strange thing happens that get spooked...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default RE: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

If there's a farmer or animals where you're hunting, odds are the deer are used to it and although it may bother them for a little bit, it should be no surprise to them. I say stick it out.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since farmers own all of the land I deer hunt on.....answer number four is totally DA.

I go over talk to them as they often know a whole lot more about where animals are on THEIR land than I could possibly know. Years of experience have taught me one or two things. First most important when it comes to hunting, if you listen to the landowner he will tell you exactly what game animals do on his land. Out on the prairie that can be the difference in scoring a very nice buck or going on a very long armed hiking trip.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

stick it out...you never know
Old 10-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

always stick it out
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

The deer are more spooked fromthe hunters than the above mentioned.......
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sit tight. You never know what could come out. Gas cost too much to waste.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

I stick it out...
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Stick it out, I learned this the hard way. Last year, the neighbor started cutting firewood with a chainsaw about 100 yards from my stand. I stayed for 30 minutes and then left to hunt a different part of my property. The noise was too much for me.

The next day, I came back and checked my scouting camera and the 10 pointer I was hunting was on the camera. He arrived about 30 minutes after the neighbor finished with his chain saw and 1 hour after I had left.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 AM

The night I shot my first deer a couple of guy's that own the land right next to s\were I hunt came out, and we're talking to me untill 5:30-6:00. And then at 7:00 the doe came out and was toasted. So no matter what happens, I'm going to keep hunting. If that's what it takes for me to shoot my first deer, please come out and say hi.

Quick Reply: If your hunt gets interupted by a farmer, or horses, or whatever what do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.