Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What would you do?

Old 10-16-2008, 04:02 PM

Default RE: What would you do?

Visit your local barber shop and make regular rounds dispensing hair up and down the fence-line. I would also make sureI drove to the area during primetime hunting hours. Maybe even carry a jam box playing a little Hank. I've dealt with this kind of situation in the past as well. The one with the harder head will win, and my head is pretty dang hard!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

i'd set up a stand 10' directly in front of his on your property... if no suitable trees, build a shooting house!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Lucky, that was my thinking exactly. And make a point to sit in it every time you see him heading in that direction.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Oh and don't forget to wave to him after daylight.And i realy like the hair thing you guys are talking about but don't forget to put hair spray on it that will realy get the job down.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Oh got another ideal if his stand is down wind put some scunk scent out so it's bloww to his stand see how long it take him to get out of his stand
Old 10-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

It does seem like he has broken any law. However, have you thought about setting up a game cam to try and catch him in the act?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Spike

Texas
As I said in my last post, we are properly posted, in accordance with all laws, and trail cams have been set up in the area. Spoke to the local Sheriff"s office, and was told to anticipate a response time to a trespass call to be under 15 minutes.
I guess I will have to let the law handle it from now on.
What really bothers me is that all the jerk had to do was return a few phone calls. Tried to contact him 5 times.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a bowhunter out there on your property. Trail cameras can and will be stolen. Another hunter in the woods is the best way to keep people honest.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Buck Hunter,

Not to play the devil's advocate here but some folks think it is a bit BS and rude to get one's panties in a wad overyour neighborputting up a stand well onto their own land. Oh well, one can tell that deer season is getting underway, the childish behavior is already getting underway.[]
Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Moth balls...Either put them in panty hose or old socks, hide in cedar or holly trees...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.