HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Field dressing a deer sucks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/268077-field-dressing-deer-sucks.html)

oujeff25 10-14-2008 05:10 PM

Field dressing a deer sucks

I love everything about hunting, but I don't like blood, guts, the smell, cutting flesh, etc that come with field dressing. I have a weak stomach, but after a couple of times doing it I have not yet puked or passed out, even though I'm sure it will eventually happen. It is not a pleasant experience for me.

Am I the only one out there that despises it enough to try to find other alternatives and those that also hate it, what do you to make it easier? Have someone else do it for you, let the deer processing guy do it, suck it up, ????

whitetail_fanatic 10-14-2008 05:25 PM

RE: Field dressing a deer sucks

I actually dont mind it at all, I even do my dads for him, he's on blood thinners and if he even nicks himself a little he bleeds likea stuck hog, so I dont have a choice, lol.

Mottz 10-14-2008 05:25 PM

I used to stand over top of it with my knife and act like I didn't know what was going on til someone else said "give me that." Don't work anymore though. It's part of it. I don't think I know any processors that will gut it for ya. Just stick cotton up your nose, have a big jug of water and get it done as fast as you can.

huntnma 10-14-2008 05:26 PM

hahahaha, i puke, cut some more, puke, cut, it's a routine, lol.......then i go get a sandwich after it is all done, for some reason it makes me hungry...lol
you can actually skin and quarter the deer without gutting it...the tenderloins are a lil tricky to get, but you can even get them......nothing has to go waste...

Cossack17 10-14-2008 05:32 PM

Never bothered me. I see it as a part of a hunt and it is a part of showing the respect to the harvested game. As of an alternative- I know a guy in Europe who does photo hunting. He has a nice Nikon, even with a small skeleton stock and he takes a picture of his “mark”

mitchmtm1 10-14-2008 05:32 PM

I don't mind it at all. Field dressing, skinning, and butchering are all a part of hunting deer to me.

Mitch

bad_medic 10-14-2008 05:34 PM

I haven't puked yet, as you can see by my name I'm used to gore. Although the first time I pierced a deers lung was an unpleasant experience. ppsssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right in the face, lol.

I'm of the mind that if you can't clean it, you shouldn't kill it. but that's just me. The processor should do it for you for an extra fee.

TimberCreek 10-14-2008 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bad_medic
I'm of the mind that if you can't clean it, you shouldn't kill it. but that's just me.
Ditto!

BUCKMARK 10-14-2008 05:38 PM

It's kinda reminds me of when my kids where babies and had dirty diapers. Just something that has to be done. Also if you have a dog and well that is something else that just has to get done. Ya suck it up and let her rip...

TreednNC 10-14-2008 05:42 PM

I generally dont FIELD dress....just drag em out and do it in a controled environment...at the processor, known him for a while, where theres electric wenches and hot water. Ive done it both ways and never tasted a difference in meat. Blood and busted guts dont bother me...any of my kids puke or I have to blow their nose, Im done for. lol