Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field dressing a deer sucks

Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

My Dad took my huntin the first time when I was 5, Never looked back! The most exciting part when I was little was watchin my Dad field dress. I killed my first deer when I was 11, and I couldnt wait to get in there and gut it myself. By the time I was 12 I dressed 200 pound deer and drug em 400 yds to the truck. Its part of the deal!
Been doin it for a long time now. Immediatly after the shot, I run down, Gut the deer, Prop open the chest cavity with a stick, and go sit back down and see if I can kill another. Also do all the processing myself. I love the smell of fresh deer meat!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

It does not bother me at all..... except a friend and I cleaned a gut-shot deer for a guy we were hunting with, and we both had to back off twice, dry heaving at the smell!
I also know a guy (6'4" 300#) he can clean fish all day long, but the blood of a deer makes him up-chuck like a baby!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind doing it at all. Farm boys come natural to those tasks.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't mind it a bit.At least I know I was successful.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man is a predator.

Kill......butcher.........eat.

Stop whining, or buy your meat at the market.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:36 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

You know how to kill, you better know how to clean.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bad_medic
I haven't puked yet, as you can see by my name I'm used to gore. Although the first time I pierced a deers lung was an unpleasant experience. ppsssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right in the face, lol.

I'm of the mind that if you can't clean it, you shouldn't kill it. but that's just me. The processor should do it for you for an extra fee.
I dont think that was a lung!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
I dont think that was a lung!
X2 I agree with grinder67
Old 10-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can't tell a lung from a paunch(stomach). Now that is a hoot. I used to field dress a deer in under 10 minutes at night with a small flashlight in my mouth, gus and lungs and heart. Legally BTW. It is not neuro surgery, nor is it hard to do.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Can't tell a lung from a paunch(stomach). Now that is a hoot. I used to field dress a deer in under 10 minutes at night with a small flashlight in my mouth, gus and lungs and heart. Legally BTW. It is not neuro surgery, nor is it hard to do.
I've done one by only the light of the moon sent the wife home to get another flashlight when my batteries died. Had it gutted and skinned in under 15 minutes and before she got back. She said the phone rang, then she had to pee, then needed a drink of tea. Took her half an hour to go about half a mile and back...

Quick Reply: Field dressing a deer sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.