Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field dressing a deer sucks

Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Spike

Default RE: Field dressing a deer sucks

theres away to clean them with out gutting them. thats if you dont eat the ribs or care about the heart or the inner loins. hang the deer upside down all of the guts will drop down , skin it and after that cut thre front shoulders and back straps off then just de bone the hind quarters while its still hanging . thats a way to do it if you dont gut them in the woods or if the deer has been gut shot .
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol Sorry but you guys are making me laugh. I use to not like it but after I don't know how many deer but alot I got use to it. Now i am like a machine. Never came close to puking though. lol
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

lmao hahahaha what a bunch of panty waistes! hahha my 12 yr old sister did her moose completeley alone!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

its not the greatest thing to do but it comes with the territory.like they say the work starts when the animals on the ground.gutting it out and dragging them out.to me thats what stinks especially if your way out there.i will take gutting over dragging anyday.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

OMG - are you serious? There's always golf!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just imagine it's a giant squirrel.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bad_medic

Although the first time I pierced a deers lung was an unpleasant experience. ppsssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right in the face, lol.
Yep there is the worst thing right there. I always seem to release some trapped air in there at just the wrong moment. I've had to back off them and get some air a time or two. It doesn't bother me other than that smell(at least the first time it was) Now a buck in full rut is another fragrant beast... Talk about some stink.

Its just part of it.

my daughter who is 12, may get a crack at her first field dressing job this year. I won't make her suffer to much as I want her to keep hunting with me. LOL
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

ok heres what u do carry afew zip loc bags and agarbage bag or twocut enough to get out the inside tenderloins out.... cut out the backstraps cut off the hindquarters and shoulders and if a buck cut off hte head.... note if you wont to shoulder mount the deer dont do this... since u already feild dress instead of guttin at camp i take it there are pleanty of coyotes .. they will take off hte carcas and everthin u dont wont
Old 10-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

check you state laws before quartering any deer. Some states only allow a deer to be field dress before it is taken to a check in station.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

check you state laws before quartering any deer. Some states only allow a deer to be field dress before it is taken to a check in station.
ok never knew states had check in stations... in MS we dont have em

Quick Reply: Field dressing a deer sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.