Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 HUGE RUB LINE - What Should I do? >

HUGE RUB LINE - What Should I do?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HUGE RUB LINE - What Should I do?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HUGE RUB LINE - What Should I do?

THanks for the advice guys. The rub line is in the timber and comes up a reveen to a field. Where the trail enters the field is where the farmer saw the buck. for about 100 yards the rub line has large and small trees rubbed. There are probably 15 rubs in the small area. I setup on it two nights ago and didn't see anything. It rained within hours after I was there so I shouldn't have much scent in the area. I don't like to walk all over my ground this time of year, but I might take a chance and see if I can find where this rub line leads to. There are so many brushy patches it could really be anywhere that the buck is living. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HUGE RUB LINE - What Should I do?

Since the rut is right around the corner, set up there, but wait to hunt it till the rut really kicks in. Grunt, growl, rattle, and doe bleat, and you should get a chance at a good buck. Maybe even that big 12 the farmer saw. Good luck and go get'em!