Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH) >

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Spike

I have experinced quite the contrary huinting with Dan & Karen, I have been there several times and was treated very well and was well prepared for each time I visited with my grandson. Granted the lodge is not a four star hotel but was always clean and maintained nicely. As to dogs in the lodge they do have two very entergetic bird dogs but they were not given free run of the home. They were only released after dinner for an outside run and we were told they were going to do that and asked if we minded! My grandson loved it went outside to play fetch with them and exercise them. I have had great success hunting there and will go again next year. Are you (Mr. Hauser) the same one that complained about not being able to drink and took the cooler to your stand?? You might have been to drunk to see a deer! and the smell that was probably a spoiled hunter that thinks he is owed everything on a hunt but pulling the trigger!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OLDFORDLOVER
I have experinced quite the contrary huinting with Dan & Karen, I have been there several times and was treated very well and was well prepared for each time I visited with my grandson. Granted the lodge is not a four star hotel but was always clean and maintained nicely. As to dogs in the lodge they do have two very entergetic bird dogs but they were not given free run of the home. They were only released after dinner for an outside run and we were told they were going to do that and asked if we minded! My grandson loved it went outside to play fetch with them and exercise them. I have had great success hunting there and will go again next year. Are you (Mr. Hauser) the same one that complained about not being able to drink and took the cooler to your stand?? You might have been to drunk to see a deer! and the smell that was probably a spoiled hunter that thinks he is owed everything on a hunt but pulling the trigger!

Did you google your outfit and not like this result?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know, I'm kind of suspect of someone who only posts 3 times in about four years of being on the forum? Wus up with that? lol

Anybody who gets screwed by a guide/outfitter more than likely didn't do his homework. I think the best tool is a reference list. Call and speak to a few different hunters who have used the outfitter you're planning on using. Also, try to make it hunters from different states (area codes). I did this (3 different hunters) the first time I hunted in Alberta, and I got spot on details of the entire hunting operation that I was interested in, which was top shelf! When spending thousands of dollars for a hunt, you really can't just trust a bunch of promises from the owner alone.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen sour reports by new members on a number of sites over the last few years and it seems like it always turns out that the OP completely misrepresented what happened on their trip. That's why I got smart and quit agreeing that the OP got screwed as soon as I read a thread like this because you're only getting one side of the story and it may be completely false and/or misleading! The OP shows he's a mossy oak staffer and maybe figured he had special treatment coming and they had a 180" buck tied to every tree where he hunted, LOL! It didn't happen so it's sour grapes time!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

For what it is worth, I have used a few so called "outfitters" in the recent past ... with mixed results.

These were C.J. Ernst (Tx), Chip Indy (Tx), Tracey Weyer (Mt), and Jim Jacobs(Tx). All were free range hunts. Tracey's place is in eastern Montana where I hunted mule deer. The others are all in Texas where I hunted white tail deer and thinned out feral hogs !!!

Chip's price was the highest of the Texas deer hunts and the information supplied was simply not true. He seemed like a nice guy, but did not have quality or quantity of deer hunting acreage under his control. Now turkeys .... his places were loaded .... I must have seen 200-300 in 5 days. By contrast I saw maybe 20 does only 1 scrub 8 pt. Wonder what happened to the " high concentration of typically 120-130 class bucks" ..... ummm!

The others were all reasonably priced and offered honest information, good accommodations, and good guides. I'd recommend them all in a heartbeat.

Jim's "deer" were not as high a quality, but I describe what I saw as good 8-10 pointers and they were plentiful. One of my friends killed a 130 1/2 typical 8 point on his third hunt at Jim's place. C.J.'s property had many, many good bucks. I lucked into a 180 1/4" non-typical 19 point buck on my first hunt with him and a 155 1/2" typical 10 point on the second hunt. I must have seen 20 hat were in the 120+ range

Tracey's is a truly professional operation covering 10's of thousands of eastern Montana mule deer habitat .... excellent guides, good accommodations and excellent food. I have not hunted white tails with him, but I have seen one nice heavy mass, nearly perfect 10 point killed by another in the camp.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting that the 18 point non typical thread is at the same place as this right after it was bumped out of obscurity. :tinfoilhat:
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a thread on archery talk from a few years ago,seems not much has changed.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/archiv.../t-798002.html
Old 01-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

CharlieP---Maybe the guy saying they are so great and that started the other thread showing his big preserve buck is a paid political advertisement! Who knows but him and it wouldn't be the first time that has happened on the net!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Spike

was just looking at hunts this outfitter offered but glad i found some kind of review on the place before i spent that much money
Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I see a couple big red flags.

Whitetail Inn?..... Please !!!
A guarantee that you will see a certain class of buck?........ That's not hunting. Even if they came through on their claim.
Ohio? ........the icing on the rancid cake.

This spells fraud in giant flashing letters.

Quick Reply: Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.