Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH) >

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Outfitter Rating -0- (Whitetail-Inn, OH)

Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt in SW Ohio, and more times than not...see quality deer on the property that I hunt. Ohio is known for its large deer size. The farm land and crops allow for big bodied deer. I would never use a guide...as shawnfogelman said...there are PLENTY of great spots to hunt in Ohio!! SE Ohio (Athens, Pike, Meigs, Hocking and Vinton Counties) all support great deer populations...
Bullcamp...not sure what you mean by the icing on the rancid cake, but I assure you....deer hunting in Ohio is alive and well!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Spike

To the OP, I feel for you if this is truly how your hunt went. A few years ago, I went on a Ohio hunt with a different outfitter, and had a similar experience with the outfitter not having or doing what was agreed to. Most of what was agreed to was written in the contract that we had to sing prior to the arriving. The outfitter never even showed us the stands prior to the first morning. We were dropped off at a pasture and verbally given direction in the dark with no map on how to find the stands. We never did find markers and stands. We ended up leaving early as well, and the outfitter was going to refund us part of our money but never did.

As to references, I also talked to references who all had good experiences, but after our experience, I also found other with experiences similar to ours. We were later told that Ohio doesn't regulate its Outfitters, so almost anyone could begin outfitting, so we ended up taking the loss. Unfortunately Outfitters like this give the good ones a bad rap, as I will most likely never trust any other outfitter to go on another hunt.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

Not even the first report on this outfit on this forum:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...lton-ohio.html

I have no reason to doubt the OP.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at the dates guys, Oldfordlover revived this thread that was 4 years old.......

THe thread Murdy posted is also from a year earlier than that with mostly the same posters.