HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   To stick a yote or not to stick a yote that is the ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/267439-stick-yote-not-stick-yote.html)

inkercg 10-10-2008 01:46 PM

To stick a yote or not to stick a yote that is the ?

I had a big gray and red come in on me this morning and shot over its back. (He was moving pretty good) I just wondered if any on else will shot on while deer hunting or if you think it makes a difference.

The Outdoorsman 10-10-2008 02:01 PM

RE: To stick a yote or not to stick a yote that is the ?

I'd shoot! My g/f wants my dads yote mount so I will have to get her one of her own. :D

Bird Hunt Dog 10-10-2008 02:05 PM

I'd shoot everty time. There's way too many Yote's out there,. I shot this Guy a couple weeks ago:D

Buck Hunter 1 10-10-2008 02:10 PM

Bird Hunt Dog, beautiful yote! Cool killing one w/ a bow, I shot a 54 pound male coyote when I was awaitng a deer drive. I will kill them anytime and anywhere I can, They are destructive to our deer herds in PA as well as they will get somewhat bold if you don't keep on them. I also absolutely love hunting those animals as they are smarter than anything else in the woods! Plus you can hunt them 365/24/7.

superstrutter 10-10-2008 03:08 PM

I've killed several yotes with guns, but never with my bow. If I'm given the chance, I'll stick one. I drew one time on a Bobcat, but he busted me before I could get him in my sights. I've killed a few cats with mygun. I say stick a yote every chance you get.

BUCKMARK 10-10-2008 03:19 PM

As long a yotes in the area, the deer will be nervous or gone. A couple years ago a saw does protecing fawns against a couple yotes. They keep charging every time the yotes got to close. So if given the chance I would shoot in a heartbeat...

MTairman 10-10-2008 03:20 PM

kill a yote, save some deer

inkercg 10-10-2008 04:15 PM

I feel the same way just didn't know if it would affect the hunt that day.

Carpmaster 10-10-2008 05:56 PM

I try to shoot all I see, since trapping has declined the population seems out of balance...

MackinawMonsters 10-10-2008 06:29 PM

We try to take every coyote that comes by. We also have a large amount of Coydogs in the areas, german shepard crosses seems to be the popular look. They have really decreased our numbers in turkeys, pheasants and other small game.

badassbowtech 10-10-2008 06:49 PM

I would definatly stick. They like to eat fawns. So shot as many as you can.

tickman1961 10-11-2008 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: inkercg

I feel the same way just didn't know if it would affect the hunt that day.
I'll kill em regardless....