Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Zaft not New World Record

Old 03-22-2003, 05:15 AM
Banned

Default Zaft not New World Record

The results may not be official until the convention in May but the panel scoring results are still getting out there unofficially. The buck the farmer found and gave to Zaft will not be the next WR typical by bow. As a matter of fact it' s not even close, and as a typical doesn' t even qualify for B&C. Problem is the G3 was ruled a deduction as was the G5 on the right beam. This means the G3 on the left side now also becomes a deduction due to assymettry. Toss into the equation the other major asymmetry deductions for side to side differences and you' re looking at a rack that scored between 155 and 160 (ranking it right around the 10,000th mark in P&Y). Scored as a typical this buck is now just a big 8 point with major deductions both for asymmetry and abnormal points. However, the deer WAS NOT SCORED AS A TYPICAL BUT SCORED AS A NON-TYPICAL. And as a non-typical it' s not all that impressive. This buck shouldn' t even have been considered for entry into P&Y due to all of the circumstances surrounding it. Poetic justice. It doesn' t look like Zaft will be retiring anytime soon from his job as a cabinet maker.

Old 03-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Zaft not New World Record

Do you have links to articles by recognized authorities to back up your statements? The more I read of post by you, the more I wonder if you have a problem with antler envy..
Old 03-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Banned

Timbercruiser, I am not aware of any articles out there. This is a " you gotta know the right people" sort of a deal. I believe the next issue of North American Whitetail has made reference to it, but that issue is not yet available to the general public. And I don' t have antler envy. I have no problems with Hanson' s or the Beatty buck or a lot of other fine examples. My problem with Zaft lies in the fact that he tried to portray his deer as the next WR before it had even been verified in an attempt to cash in on it. Aside from the fact the the very circumstances surrounding it' s retrieval (or lack thereof by Zaft) calls into question whether or not Zaft had a legitimate claim to downing this animal. It' s not the antlers I have a problem with. It' s the man who the farmer gave the rack to after he found it that I feel deserves little recognition and doesn' t deserve anything. My opinion isn' t any different than the majority of hunters when it comes to this. Just look at every hunting forum. He has little to zero support for what most people see as a " found deer" or " pick-up" .
Old 03-22-2003, 10:08 AM
nub

This is a " you gotta know the right people" sort of a deal.
Who do you know? Name names or hold your rumors until the banquet. [:' (]
Old 03-22-2003, 10:34 AM

I read the article in North American Whitetail on the Zaft buck a few days ago and it struck me as being a very dubious story. There just seem to be too many convenient incidents which support his story, but when looked at in a different light detract from it. I hope it is true and I wish Zaft all the best, but I don' t think I will ever believe his account of how he came by the buck in question.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:55 AM
Banned

Sorry nub, not rumour ...FACT. Even if I mentioned a name would the person' s name even mean anything to you? I stand by my statement. You' ll just have to wait until May, I suppose, to see for yourself if my assertion is correct.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:17 AM
nub

Prove it. Put up or shut up. Thats not real hard to understand is it? I' m sure the members here would also like to see your proof.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Holy Crap! Not again. I can' t wait until May, so we don' t have to put up with anymore of this junk.

Let it go for crying out loud!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fact: I am the greatest hunter to ever live. No, I won' t give you my name or anybody' s name as a reference. You will just have to wait for the book to come out (May, maybe June). Or the TV program.

Why would I claim this as fact anonomously without any way to check out its validity? Good question. I will have to think on that one for awhile. I guess it is just to say: I know something you don' t know!!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I think we might have a story teller here. Who knows...maybe you are right, it just smells fishy.

Quick Reply: Zaft not New World Record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.