Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!! >

Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

sometimes its people like you WWhunter makes me glad i have private land to hunt on. we have about 30000 combined achers in Montana to hunt on and i have never seen one hunter get turned away at either ranch. we have never asked for anything in return other than not shooting at the cattle. sure there are some people that are willing to help and there are some that are not but we do not expect them to do anything. There are alot of "out of towners" that stop by and ask if they can hunt. alot of people do it because they probably only have a few days to hunt and usually farmers know every inch of their land so they know where all of the deer hang out. if it bothers you so much put up no hunting signs, usually when people see that they wont stop. maybe its just my opinionand maybe im out of line but this is just how i see it
Old 10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand your situation and your anger. I have had 2 similar situations on my family's private land, and no one but my family andmy grandfather's employees will ever get to hunt the land again. We would ratherhunt on our leases anyway, so it rarelygets hunted besides the 1 bucka year i take from it.Thereis plenty of decent public land around here to hunt anyway, so we rarely have people ask anymore.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

aharper33,
I think you are out of line and seem to have taken it all wrong. I do have signs up...they only stop the ethical guys from anything. I DO allow guys to hunt when I am not hunting the area. And they were only put up due to snowmobiles/ATV's driving out in my fields over freshly planted trees. The signs didn't do any good so I had to put fence up. My complaint was with the guys that I have asked for assistance in one form or another and failed to help that turn around and ask permission to hunt. Please reread it before trying to make me look like I don't allow anyone.
WW
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I do not call these folks hunters and sportsmen........inconsiderate, it's all about me fools who maybe someday will realize the fallacy of their ways - doubtful, but hope still remains for the dolts.

Patience can get the best of themost humbleof men.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Im going to step in here again, I agree with WWHunter on this, my dad and our long time family friend own the land I hunt on, and Im more than welcome to hunt whenever I want to, but I still view myself as a guest there because I dont actually own any of it. I go down and help with the food plots, cut trees on the trails, put up stands, etc. The area was hit hard by high winds from the dying trail of the hurricanes and left alot of trees down in the woods blocking the trails that were bushhoged for us to get the RTV or ATV in there to get deer out and walking. I went down there with no questions asked to help chainsaw the trees out of the way, only one other person that does not own any of the property came down to hunt, the others that have been there to hunt and more than likely will be there again this year never came down. I wont leave trash laying around there either, just my personality, its littering and not called for. WWhunter has a good gripe here, if you are allowed to hunt on a piece of property, you need to consider it a privelige and treat as if the roles were reversed and you owned the property and you let people on there to hunt. sorry, Im not your mom and wont pick up after you.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Mike (The Outdoorsman) I need a little boost today. Guess maybe other things going on in life have just made things come to a head and I was venting on here.
I see a HUGE difference in situations such as mine vs. aharper33, 30,000 acres is a far cry from 120 acres of hunting land.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Spike

I am kind of in the same boat. I get to hunt 160 acres in WI for gun hunting and the land is my Dads and my Brother and cousins. 80 acres directly to the south is in forest crop so anyone can hunt it and there are signs up but that doesn't stop the people from comming on to the land or setting up stands facing into the land. I had set out trail cameras and got a picture of some guy walking in the middle of the woods in plain clothes. It makes me mad to because it is so hard to have land to hunt on.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

you cant stop people from putting stands up just outside of your land, but you can ask people to leave if you catch them and you can get them for tresspassing especially if you have signs up notifying people ahead of time. But when you are not there, theres nothing you can do about it. It is frustrating.

WWHunter, you're welcome. Its good to vent at times. And other things in our lives and make things like this more frustrating, so when you're frustrated, take a deep breath, slip on your hunting clothes, and slip into the woods!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Myself and two other guys have permission to hunt on private land. I don't live near the area but whenever I am there visiting I always make it a point to go visit the land owner and see if there is anything that I can do. I believe in leaving it as you found it as well. I often times clean up other peoples mess (trespassers), kids like to get into the hidey holes and build a fire and drink their beer. One buddy that lives there helps him cutting fire wood throughout the year and my other buddy helps him out working on his vehicles. Every year after the season, I get a fruit basket or such to say thank you. He tells me that the people that he allows to hunt other areas on his land never do anything like that for him. I have also been told that as long as he owns the land that I will not have to look for any other land to hunt.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where you located, I live in mid Ohio, have my own ground 4 hours away in pA. If your in OH I'll help ya for a chance to hunt and work the ground!
I asked a guy after last year not to come back to camp this year. He had been hunting there for 3 years (Dad felt sorry for him) and never lifted a finger to help on work weekends or any other time.Never offered any $$ for seed or fuel. Great hunter, poor on helping. The other guys are suprised but i explained the only way to keep this ground good, and hunt when I can't make it back is to be able to trust them. They get the point. I enjoy having the guys up and most have been there for over 15 years, they know what I do monetarily and apppreciate it. Tresspassers beware!

Quick Reply: Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.