Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Some SOB stole my ladder stand again >

Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

This is the second time some scumbag... lowlife... snake in the grass... thievingjerk robbed me of another ladder stand. The first time was just after gun season ended in 2006. I had shot an 8 pt off this stand set up in a corner of a field on the last Sat of the season. I came back the following Sat for muzzle load and some lowlife stole the 3 sections of ladder and left the seat section. It was padlocked on with a cable and lock.

I put a new one up in the spring of 2007 in the same spot. This time I bolted the sections together and then padlocked with the same cable to the tree. I used it all last season and even check it out last Sat afternoon. I went up tomight to spot some deer and check on some mock scrapes and it was gone. This time the whole thing.

If it wasn't such a good spot I'd say screw-it... but it is a good spot. So I'm gonna use log chain and a heavy padlock and try again. I bought another 15' Gander Stand. I only buy the $60 stands because of these lowlife... snake in the grass... SOBitchin scumbags's..

This time I plan to inscribe with a dremel tool, my name on a rung at the 5' level with my phone number. Maybe this will deter them. I'm convinced itis the same lowlife... you what again. I plan to do the same inscription on all 8 ladder stands.

Any other thoughts? Oh yeah this is on private and I have permission to hunt.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

this is why i use a climber, pack in and pack out.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

get your self a game cam and try to catch them. be sure to hide it though and turn off the flash, or it too will be gone.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use a climber.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I would ask the property owner who else has permission on that land....I'd bet someone else does and thinks you're trespassing. The climber comments are on...but it's bull#hit that you should have to adjust your equipment to deter these dicks. Bad knees, old age, overweight, safety concerns...many reasons why this guy may or may not be into a climber. All I can say is another lucky bastard snuck away.....begging the karma godsto arrow his a$$to a tree.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

my advice would be to use a climber.

plus if something is stolen its not a good idea to put something else back in the same area.its just a matter of time and they will get it again.it happened to me with trail cams.even locked to the tree with someone wants it they will get it.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I'm just more comfortable in a ladder stand... I've got a climber. Also, the type of woods is not real condusive to climbers as ther are real old apple trees and not a lot of hardwoods. I hunt about 500 acres owned by 3 different people and all the land connects. I only live across the street from this land.I amlitterally onlya fewminutes to this particular stand (4 wheeler ride and another 5 min walk).I spoke with the landowners son on Sat and it was there. We talked tonight as well. He said he is having second thoughts on leaving his climber padlocked at the ground.
I live in a area where many people know one another. I plan to inscript the stands with my name and phone #. At least they won't be able to sell them to a local or I will recognize the stands if I see them.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

Its more then likly a thief and not a hunter ,
I no how you feal .
There are some real stupid thieves out there .
It takes a lot of balls or NO brains to steal a hunters stand, or decoy , or camera or whatever .
One of these days there going to be surprised to be looking down the end of a barrel .
Years ago I also had permission to hunt private land .
Ended up I caught the land owners son trying to steal my stand ..
Hope you catch um,,,,
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Typical Buck

this is a screwed up world we live in today, it'll make you want to throw up sometimes. problem is if you do anything in retaliation it will be YOU that ends up in prison. [:@]i'll just stop right here once i get on a roll with this subject i won't shut up
Old 10-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

they have ladder stands you can wheel in and out for sale. Also use as a deer cart. This type of theft breeds trouble and problems of distrust in the woods, Scary place to have or hold a grudge.

Quick Reply: Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.