Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts

Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stan Potts

I'm from around Mr. Potts area, and he ain't very well liked in these parts.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM

WHY ISN'T HE LIKED AROUND THAT AREA ????
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

There were some illegal things that went on near a State Hunting Area that most people don't take a liking to.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

In my opinion, Stan Potts is the Barbra Walters of hunting TV. The second I see him on tv, I have to turn the channel.

I drives me CRAZY!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll take a kid shooting a doe or a spike over any of these guys. I never learn much from these shows anyways, but to see a kid shoot his/hers firstdoe or buck is one of the greatest things ever. The excitement these kids have when the deer is down is something that can't be scripted.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Some of you people really amaze me. You complain about all these pro hunters having to have there hands held and givin the chance to hunt public ground they wouldn't have near the luck, well guess what, nobody wants to watch guys on tv kill little bucks and does all day. These videos are made to see large deer harvested, and I could honestly care less who kills the deer or how they do it. If you were given any sort of a chance to hunt the areas these guys do, you couldn't tell me that you wouldn't hunt it.These boys arefamousbecause they worked there wayup or got lucky,nobody wants to hear about howjealous you are of people gettingchances to huntlarge whitetails and make a life out of it.And fastetti I agree its really neat to watch young hunters harvest there first deer wether its aspike or a doe, but it gets me pumped to watch somebody kill a Poper or a booner.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

MackinawMonsters - Yes, I can tell you I would never.... EVER want to have to make a living by being a pro hunter on TV. I deer hunt for the thrill and relaxation. If my livelyhood was contingent on taking deer, it would become work and not nearly asenjoyable. I'm not at all jealous of these guys who have to leave their families for weeks, even months at a time. As the economy continues to weaken, hunters are going to spend less $ on new gear forcing the companies that produce it to make decision on where to cut back. No thanks... I'll pass

Sure, I like taking big bucks. But one does not need to be a TV personality to do so.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: A11en

MackinawMonsters - Yes, I can tell you I would never.... EVER want to have to make a living by being a pro hunter on TV. I deer hunt for the thrill and relaxation. If my livelyhood was contingent on taking deer, it would become work and not nearly asenjoyable. I'm not at all jealous of these guys who have to leave their families for weeks, even months at a time. As the economy continues to weaken, hunters are going to spend less $ on new gear forcing the companies that produce it to make decision on where to cut back. No thanks... I'll pass

Sure, I like taking big bucks. But one does not need to be a TV personality to do so.
Allen I tend to agree with you ... Ive road Harley's most all my life for the thrill and enjoymentand then decided to do to work for Harley and now have less riding time the ever ...it use to be a lot of fun and enjoyment and now its a job ...I would think just like a pro hunter's work becomes ... I do notthink I have ever really been jealous of any of the pro hunters maybe a little enviousto be honest ..what I really take issue with is how they try tosell us on thinking it was just a normal everydaykind of hunt when weALL know that most likely they were sponsored on this hunt and because of their tvshows they get the best area's to hunt which obviously have been pre-scouted by the outfitters ...the ranch or farm they hunt get's a lot of exposure which in return if the pro-hunter has success gets them a lot of business so the outfitter has a vested interest in this pro-hunter scoring a big buck ...its called ENTERTAINMENT ...thats all it is but they want to make you think it was due to all the hard work and scoutingTHEY did and ALL the products that they endorse helped make the hunt a success...but with that being said its like pro wrestling ..we still watch it ! ...Can you JUST imagine if Ted Nuggent and Stan Potts had a show together ...???

ROLL TIDE
dd
Old 10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MackinawMonsters

Some of you people really amaze me. You complain about all these pro hunters having to have there hands held and givin the chance to hunt public ground they wouldn't have near the luck, well guess what, nobody wants to watch guys on tv kill little bucks and does all day. These videos are made to see large deer harvested, and I could honestly care less who kills the deer or how they do it. If you were given any sort of a chance to hunt the areas these guys do, you couldn't tell me that you wouldn't hunt it.These boys arefamousbecause they worked there wayup or got lucky,nobody wants to hear about howjealous you are of people gettingchances to huntlarge whitetails and make a life out of it.And fastetti I agree its really neat to watch young hunters harvest there first deer wether its aspike or a doe, but it gets me pumped to watch somebody kill a Poper or a booner.
A newbie.......TV Hunters are his hero's.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't want to hear about any of you guys watching hunting shows anymore then!!!! Starting to sound like a hen house in here.

Can someone produce some hardcore facts on why Stan Potts is a low life around Peoria???

Quick Reply: Stan Potts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.