Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stan Potts

Old 10-08-2008, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Stan Potts

Hey guys Im not out here to get comments about how you feel about Stan Potts. I know excatly were the deer footage was taken and its on a video that was sold in stores. I would just like to get a hold of him to see this footage and figure out what video it might be on. The man has taken many respectable whitetails and has done a great job with it as well. And lets be honest everyone gets excited about taking large deer, theres just a difference he gets big deer on camera and has a chance to share it with us.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: il coyote

Either check around for a Outfitter or a high fence operation in your area. Stan wouldn't be harvesting the deer he does with out somebody leading him by his hand to make it happen.
And just how is that different than what the majority of television hunters do every single week?

Stan sure does get excited after a shot, but so do a lot of them. Stan Potts was killing big deer on DIY walk-in public land hunts when Waddell was still crapping his pants.Back before all the corporate sponsorships. He didn't excactly get all these sponsorships because of his catchy southern drawl or big knockers.

I'm not jumping on a Pott's bandwagon here, but if you're looking to slam on somebody's hunting skills, there's a whole lot more of them in line before him.

Lets just say I've known Stan Potts for onward of 20+ years. I know how he came to fame. The post is about Stan no other pro hunters. I don't have any personal knowledge of other pro hunters.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: il coyote

Either check around for a Outfitter or a high fence operation in your area. Stan wouldn't be harvesting the deer he does with out somebody leading him by his hand to make it happen.
And just how is that different than what the majority of television hunters do every single week?

Stan sure does get excited after a shot, but so do a lot of them. Stan Potts was killing big deer on DIY walk-in public land hunts when Waddell was still crapping his pants.Back before all the corporate sponsorships. He didn't excactly get all these sponsorships because of his catchy southern drawl or big knockers.

I'm not jumping on a Pott's bandwagon here, but if you're looking to slam on somebody's hunting skills, there's a whole lot more of them in line before him.

Lets just say I've known Stan Potts for onward of 20+ years. I know how he came to fame. The post is about Stan no other pro hunters. I don't have any personal knowledge of other pro hunters.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

ouch
Old 10-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy Stan, much better than most of the stiffs on these shows. Although North American Whitetail has gone downhill since Pat Reeve and now Greg Miller left. They struggle to get the hunts together and are now using alot of Kiskes footage from their show. Now it's James Kroll and Gordon on a rifle hunt in Mexico or Texas. Umm BORING. My opinion anyway.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

Thank you for the educated and fact filled post!! Sure the guy hunts outfitters. Thats what they do in that business. Some of you guys are starting to act like high school girls around here.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Typical Buck

I know Matt Morrett. Perhaps I can get him to drop a line to his HS team mate for you.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: afrdnckhntr

Stop being a child and get a life. You are bitter person because someone else makes it.

Last edited by solocamcan; 01-26-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I happen to like watching Stan Potts
Old 10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it sounds like some of you do like him and others like me don't. In my opinion the pro hunters aren't that great to watch on TV. Given the chance to hunt like some of us they wouldn't be so "famous". But if you get all warm and fuzzy inside watching Stan so be it. You can admire who you want.

Quick Reply: Stan Potts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.