Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunting the world southern style ,,WTH?? >

Hunting the world southern style ,,WTH??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting the world southern style ,,WTH??

Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting the world southern style ,,WTH??

I had never seen this show until this thread sparked some interest. I recorded a show and watched it yesterday. I will have to say that the beginning is funny. A bunch of southern guys gettin' their beat on. I didn't think it was about some white guys trying to rap, I thought it was more of like some southern guys having fun and doing what they love to do, with no label put on it. Now as for the show, I live in Central NY20 miles from the snowiest metropolitan city in the USA..Syracuse.I don't know much about southern style hunting but this episode I saw was far from southern...Canada. I related to this episode though. 12+ inches of snow, -30 degrees. Like I said, I do not know much about the south but I am pretty sure that they do not worry too much about snow and -30 degrees in Texas. Overall the episode was kinda boring. Just another guy sitting in a house..I mean box blind..waiting over a bait pile to kill a big deer.Not a whole lot of hunting happened. I would love to see a showwhere they showhunting from the beginning of the season all the way up to the kill with scouting and how to find the right place for your blind or treestand to building your blind or hanging your treestand, hunting, shooting, tracking, and finally putting your hands on your trophy. If there is such a show please someone tell me.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Mike Beautty..... he killed a record Whitetail and did it on his own without cameras and stuff
Did it on his own? He saw a big buck on some old womans property and asked if he could go kill it. Yeah, he really did his homework.
He must have done something right........lets see the deer was mature, could have smelled/seen/heard him, or could have been nocturnal. What are you saying, that if you do not spend so much time in the woods that you own, then the kill isnt as good. I have failed to see any kind of point you are making here
Well, in my book, that is not much different than driving around, seeing a buck in a field, and shooting it. The buck was bedded down behind the womans house. He snuck up on it and shot it. The woman lateraccused him of shooting it with a gun. The authorities looked into it, but nothing ever became of it.Lets all just drive around the countryside looking for deer. When we see one, lets go ask the landowner if we can go out there and kill it. Man, that's hunting. I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I just don't see that as much of an accomplishment. It was a great buck however, and I guess it took some skill to be able to sneak up on him.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:16 AM

CamoCop, I saw that show, its rediculous when people like that get the opprotunities of a life time and mess it up that bad. Wish the real hunters could get the opprotunity.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea im not real fond of that show