Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Pretty slow opener (For me at least) >

Pretty slow opener (For me at least)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pretty slow opener (For me at least)

Old 10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pretty slow opener (For me at least)

Today me and my dad went out for opening day a bow here in virginia. It was pretty slow for me. I set my stand up in the pre-season near a bunch of rubs (thinking that it was a very large buck due to large rubs...) and only saw one deer the whole time. It was a 1-2yr. old 4pt. buck (had aperfect shot on him)that normally i would have taken buck this year i am trying to let the small ones grow old, and take the older ones. On the other hand my dad saw about a total of 18 deer. He was hunting a field that we scouted out and saw 2 very large deer (the smallest one being a 14pt.). That got him excited so thats were he hunted today. He jumped at least 5 going to the stand, 5 more came in right at daylight, 2 gangs of turkeys came in after that, and then he said quite a few more came in after that. Unlucky for him none of them came within range but still very entertaining. Im hoping that our season will be a good one and we cant wait for the rut to kick in. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YALL