HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Advice for all day hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/266237-advice-all-day-hunt.html)

tbarnes 10-03-2008 04:13 PM

Advice for all day hunt

Does anyone have any advice on how to sit in a treestand all day long without going insane? I've tried it many times but never seem to be able to make it more than 3-4 hours. I have a comfortable stand and take plenty of food. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to pass the time.

Thanks for your time.

wis_rifle_hunter 10-03-2008 04:19 PM

RE: Advice for all day hunt

bring a book along. or something else that wont make so much noise

inkercg 10-03-2008 04:42 PM

I take my Bible. You be amazed how much you can read, in on season. Not that that's the only time I read. but it is how I started reading it regular.

ReflexKiller 10-03-2008 04:43 PM

Get a psp or something, you can watch movies, but dont get to invovled, because joe hatracker could be right under you.

tbarnes 10-03-2008 04:46 PM

The Bible is a good idea, I've been wanting to get into that habit.

inkercg 10-03-2008 04:54 PM

Check out these guys. http://www.teamharvest.net
They're Friends of mine. we hunt together. The new video just came out. Its 2.5 hours long and all bow hunting whitetails. I believe it's only like $5-$10.

DoctorDeath 10-03-2008 04:58 PM

I take an MP3 player ...listen for about 15min at a time ..sure breaks the day up some.

ROLL TIDE
dd

early in 10-03-2008 05:09 PM

It would seem that if you want to sit all day, you believe you might see a deer at any time throughout the day, right? So, why would you take your attention fromtrying to see deer, by reading, texting, or game playing? I don't get it.
Most of the days when I'll be hunting all day will be during the rut phases. These deer are on the move at any given time. I just keep reminding myself, my shooter could be the next deer I see. Having belief in your stand location isBIG for self confidence/alertness as well.;)

Bowtech 360 10-03-2008 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

It would seem that if you want to sit all day, you believe you might see a deer at any time throughout the day, right? So, why would you take your attention fromtrying to see deer, by reading, texting, or game playing? I don't get it.
Most of the days when I'll be hunting all day will be during the rut phases. These deer are on the move at any given time. I just keep reminding myself, my shooter could be the next deer I see. Having belief in your stand location isBIG for self confidence/alertness as well.;)

comming from the guy with the names, Early in????

J/K lol.

I want to sit all day but I couldnt, wont even try it.

tbarnes 10-03-2008 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

As far as taking my attention away from seeing deer, maybe. However, I only have a limited numbers of days I can hunt and would like to get all the time in the woods I can. Yes, I may devote less time scanning the area if I am distracted, but I would still have a better chance seeing a deer while on the stand than at the camp. Hopefully anyway!