Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Natural gear?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Natural gear?

mossy oak break up and and real tree are wat i wear they seem to work for me but really as long as it one of those kinds of camo i really just buy the cheapest stuff
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Typical Buck

I've been a big fan of Nat. Gear for a long time now. I like it much more than Mossy Oak. Don't have any pics at the moment but i have done visual comparisons between it, M.O., and Realtree and prefer the Nat. Gear over any of it!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Yeap we only use Nat Gear here. I use the SCII early season and then switch to the regular natgear later in the season.

Here's my wife and her archery goat 2008. As you can see fromt he background it's about as close as you can get for this country.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a light jacket I use alot here in Ohio. I like the jacket because its waterproof too. The camo works great and I have been considering buying some heavier gear in the pattern. But most of my other camo is pretty faded from washing it so much. So its I like it better now than when it was new. But if I need to buy new I like the looks of Natural Gear and not the ones with the real dark spots.

I understand the thoughts behind darkening the patterns (simulating shadows) but unless you are primarily in deep thick woods it looks to dark. I think it was more of a gimick (unfortunatly) to sell the newest greatest pattern. The truth is you can get somecheckered shirt and pants and kill deer. The camo is more for us.I know guys that never where camo and always kill deer. Plaid(sp?) is all they where. Whatever breaks up your outline.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

here in the deep southeastern US i've found that Realtree APG or Predator Camo is the best. we have ALOT of palmetto's and pine's which are dark green year around. look at different camo patterns from a distance and make your mind up. i would stay away from pretty much all of Mossy Oak, Outfitter Tuff, etc. clothing. those patterns are absolutely horrible at making you "blob" together and silhoutte (sp?).
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Definite 2 thumbs up on Natural Gear camo. It does work fantastic and breaks up your silhouette very nicely. I used to have Mossy Oak and squirels would bust me and start barking almost every time. I switched to Nat Gear and it hasnt happened since. Also consider Hunters Specialities Scent Away. I am a firm believer after this past weekend as a human scent eliminator. I can send pics of my camo specifically if you like as well. Good luck!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used nat gear for several years and i know its not the most appealing to hunters, but it does work good especially in hardwoods. I use several different kinds of camo, nat gear is probably my favorite. Remember hunting the wind is your best camo that you can find
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM

I use Nat Gear for almost all of my hunting camo. Years ago I noticed my friends and would go out to hunt and a lot of the camo we were wearing was too dark. It was very easy to spot us from a distance, especially as we were in tree stands. We switched to Nat Gear and the lighter camo blended in much better.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 AM

When are you heading to Mississippi Rem? I hunt in a nearby southern state - Texas (mostly the eastern part). There should still be some green hanging around in Mississippi up until the end of October. Nat gear is a great universal color, but I use Prairie camo as well. It uses many of the same colors and blends into a variety of backgrounds. See the post on PRAIRIE GOAT DOWNto see some picks of me with my latest kill - I'm wearing prairie camo.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:32 AM

I like real tree the best my self I think it blends well with just about any thing and ive killed many deers with the real tree camo and I also like mossy oak too.

Quick Reply: Natural gear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.