Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What type of land do you hunt? >

What type of land do you hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default What type of land do you hunt?

And Why?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What type of land do you hunt?

I hunt Private land around my house, and my fathers farm. I also belong to a hunt club with a friend. I hunt public land primarly out west when i Elk hunt and Mule deer hunt.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Spike

I hunt a lease and my in-laws land. I used to hunt public land, too many wack jobs and lazy idiots running dogs!
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt on friends land, basically farmers that may own a variety of diverse land in my whole state. More than 2000 acres +

I've also been asked to hunt on my father in laws land near Amory, MS. He has 280 acres.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt on 100 acres that I own, and lease 113 acres next to my property that is owned by a cousin of mine that lives in Colorado. Both are great pieces of hunting property. The properties are mixed pine-hardwood, more hardwood than pine. There are lots and lots of white oaks. There are two small creeks running through the properties. There is a power-pipeline running through both properties. It's a great hunting area with lots of wildlife.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt private, leased, and occasionally public (rarely).

I have a lease that I hunt with my dad and other family, it's a good piece of property that we've been able to take some great deer off of over the last 5 seasons. I also hunt some private land that one of my best friends owns. I enjoy hunting with him and we've been hunting together for the last 10 years. It's some great property and I've taken a couple of decent bucks there over the years. Where I live in Oklahoma, there are large tracts of public hunting land and WMA's. I grew up hunting public land (river bottoms and flood plain land). There are alot of great areas to hunt, but they really get pressured, especially during rifle and muzzleloader season. It's tough to see mature bucks but they are there if you know where to look.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have my own place and a couple neighbors land to hunt on one side and a timber company and the BLM on the other side which gives me a few thousand acres to hunt .
Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt on our lease its our hunting club called fourstar thats the joke it isnt fourstar at our place you have to earn to get a nice buck its not just pickins there
Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM

Out put "out my back door", but I don't mean literally. I hunt my own farm after I walk out the back door and out to the woods/field. I do hunt family land and some neighbor's land too.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt on both Fed land and a friends land.

Quick Reply: What type of land do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.