Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Weather

Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting Weather

i keep reading threads where people are saying "it's been too hot to hunt here right now". do people really not hunt until they get the exact weather conditions that they perceive as the best? i mean i hunt even if it's well over 100 degrees here, which is common. if it's hunting season and i'm not working, i'm hunting reguardless of the weather conditions. abnormally hot weather can benefit hunters just like cold weather. deer will move to find water and shade when it's hot. i guess some hunters hunt because they like too, i on the other hand live to hunt.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Weather

I'm like you if I can hunt I do no matter the weather. I have hunted in heat waves, thunderstorms, and freezing weather here in Bama. Most hunters don't like to hunt when its hot because deer movement slows down and their odds of scoring decrease. You don't see it as much in FL becasue its always hot and the deer are used to it.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, I'm out there regardless of weather.For those that don't hunt when weather is perfect I don't think they have a true passion. They justcan't.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I also hunt in any weather as we cannot control it. I like to hunt in 25-40 degrees but we get what we get. Driving rain usually keeps me in drier places.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really like hunting in 90 plus degree weather with high humidity, but I will. If it's hunting season and I have a day off to hunt, I'm probably hunting. Down here it's usually hot and humid the first weekof Oct., but yesterday was a picture perfect day for the archeryseason opener. The morning temps were in the low 50's and the afternoon high was around 80, but with low humidity. The deer were moving great in the morning and afternoon. I saw lots of deer. Saw a couple of bucks, but they were young. I was doe hunting anyway. I did get one yesterday afternoon about 5:45. The weather is supposed to stay pleasant through the weekend, so I'll try to stick another doe Sat. or Sun. It's going to get hot again, but I'll be out there.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt in almost all conditions. There are a few that won't hunt in because I can't enjoy myself, &I see no point in doing something that isn't fun.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know that I would sit out a hunt if it was too hot, but I might be tempted. For example, if I had already taken one deer and there was multiple days of the season left, I might sit out a day that was going to be hot.

On the other side, I don't sit out a day because it is too cold. I might sit out if it was pouring down rain, on the assumption deer aren't going to be moving, but I would relish a light rain. I have not had the opportunity to experience that, but I think the deer would keep moving later in the day if there were a light rain. I would definitely like to be hunting when it was snowing.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

For me its comes down to whether I am going to spoil my venison if it isn't cool enough. If I had a walk in freezer I wouldn't hesitate to hunt in 90 degree weather.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM

i hunt no matter what..you cant kill that trophy buck sittin at home.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:00 PM

I go no matter what !

Quick Reply: Hunting Weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.