Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NRA - Obama Ad

Old 10-02-2008, 01:23 PM

Default RE: NRA - Obama Ad

What are the facts ? I have never had a gun taken from me in 59 years and I own all the semi-s and long tube guns I want and then some.
The fastest way for a Demo to get voted out of office is to take guns away.
Personally I will admit I have never had a use for the 30 or 50 cal. machine gun,
but I know those who own them.... What are the facts ?
Roberoo
Old 10-02-2008, 01:49 PM

The fact IS that Obama as a US senator from Illinois HAS voted anti-gun EVERY time. If you happen to live in the good ol'e USA then no, you have not had a your firearms taken away, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen.As for the statement "The fastest way for a democrat to get voted out of office is to take guns away"is a bit lame, since voting the democrat out of office who takes awayyour guns will be WAY TO LATE! Go to www.ontheissues.com if you want to know who and what Obama is and how he's voted on any issue while a Illinois Senator. Also, don't think for a second that the Supreme Courts decision regarding our second amendment will stop the anti's from going after your firearms or ammunition. Vote Pro-Gun / Join the NRA
Old 10-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Spike

that man doesnt have to take the gun out of your hands. have you checked out the price of ammo lately as compaired to what you paid for it 2 years ago. in some cases it has almost doubled. at this rate youll still be able to hunt with a few rife rounds but the days of going out to blast away a few boxs like we use toare surely numberd, at least for me. kind of like gas, how many of you will still fill up your truck and drive 300 miles on a week end just for fun like you my have 3 yrs ago. theyve suckerd us into paying$3.50-$4 per gal. and we're told there is no shortage of gas, while other counties are still pay just over a dollar. we will never see it below $2.50 again, they know well pay $3.50. thier making to much money to lower it. same with the ammo,has the price of manufacturing the rounds and the costofthe raw materialreally gone up that much in 2 yrs. Who was it that said "we wont fight the 2nd ammendment but we can tax the heck out of the ammo sothey wont be able to use the guns"
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Two aspects of the Official Democrat Party Platform are to re-institute the "Assault Weapons Ban", and "improve" the Background Check system. The "Assault Weapons Ban" would be a very quick thing with Obama/Reid/Pelosi at the top spots. Their stance on 'improiving the background checks' and 'reasonable regulation' is really just another way to say "gun registration". The current NICS does what it is supposed to.

Here is the Democrat Platform paragraph:
Find it here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/apache.3cdn...._bcm6b5l7a.pdf on page 48.
Firearms
We recognize that the right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we
will preserve Americans’ Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that
the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation, but we know that what works in
Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact and enforce commonsense
laws and improvements – like closing the gun show loophole, improving our background
check system, and reinstating the assault weapons ban, so that guns do not fall into the hands of
terrorists or criminals. Acting responsibly and with respect for differing views on this issue, we
can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children
safe.

Can you live with that? They should have put the word 'but' after the first sentence (which they don't really recognize or they wouldn't need the rest of the paragraph) My constitutional rights don't change depending on where I live. There is NO gunshow loophole. Their definition of "Assault Weapon" is pure BS, and the "assault weapons ban" was proven to do absolutely nothing to keep guns out of the hands of criminals or terrorists. The only thing that I believe they need to fix with the NICS is if a convicted felon so much as attempts to purchase, and is flagged, they should be arrested on the spot and "Project Exile" should be a national policy, mandatory 5 years, federal prison, do not pass go....
Old 10-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Here are the facts from the website that was posted earlier on this thread.

Obama’s Record
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008) FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008) Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008) Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008) 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007) Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007) Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007) Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006) Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004) Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998) Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005) [/ul] McCain’s Record
I know how to use guns; but I don't own one. (Nov 2007) Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007) Don't hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes. (Sep 2007) Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and ammunition types. (Sep 2007) Calls for GOP "tolerance" of closing gun show loopholes. (May 2002) Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks. (Aug 1999) Supports ban on certain assault weapons. (Aug 1999) Voted against Brady Bill & assault weapon ban. (Aug 1999) Guns are a problem, but so are violent web sites & videos. (Aug 1999) Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999) Youth Violence Prevention Act restricts guns for kids. (May 1999) Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998) Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005) Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004) Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999) Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999) Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999) Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998) Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007) Allow firearms in National Parks. (Feb 2008) [/ul] Both just seem really mixed to me. Any idiot who wants to ban handguns doesn't understand that yes there are legit uses for them such as competitions, hunting, and self defense. I don't think a gun ban is ever going to happen who are law abiding citizens but I also do think there needs to be licensing. If I made anyone angry I'm sorry but I just don't see the 50 BMG as a suitible hunting weapon for whitetails. Someone please explain this to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MrPhotographer06

haha.. he says vote for change..

anyone know what it stands for?

C H A N G E take a guess
lol that joke is going around my school
Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ORIGINAL: MrPhotographer06

haha.. he says vote for change..

anyone know what it stands for?

C H A N G E take a guess
lol that joke is going around my school
Can you vote??? If soI hope you and your friends do!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Go McCain
Old 10-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not to hijack check this out:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wxmr_burning-down-the-house-what-caused_news

Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM

For those folks who are "not quite sure" who they are going to vote for yet, or those that believethere should be "gun registration / licensing", or that "nobody needs a 50 BMG", all I can say is ... If you are a gun owner you will vote for John McCain, (he's not not the best pro-gun guy either, but he's better than Obama), and voting for ANY party other than the Republican party at this time just throws a vote agaist Obama away. Every country that has enacted gun registration / licensing has confiscated theircitizens firearms and in some cases has led to genocide. And no I don't need a 50BMG to hunt deer and wouldn't, but I enjoy shooting and am a LAW ABIDING gun owner.Also, I amno conspiracy nut or militia member, I am a NRA LIFE / Benefactor member, and serve as a congressional director for the GOSC (Gun Owners of South Carolina). I have been the chairman for our local Friends of NRA banquets for five years, and help other FONRA committees around the state. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem, so vote McCain / Palin, join the NRA,getinvolved with your states gun organizations, Friends of NRA committees. ...Or just loose your Second Amendment rights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.