Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 new guy to the boards, looking for info >

new guy to the boards, looking for info

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

new guy to the boards, looking for info

Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM

Default new guy to the boards, looking for info

hello all. i am a new guy. i have been doing some searching and thought id ask around a bit to get other hunters opinions and stuff. my dad and i wanna get awawy for a canada hunt, or something. we were thinking canada because it is like a different world compared to here in ga. but we wanna do something together. just us you know. and we wanna have a chance at some good deer and some fishing. what have you guys and gals experianced out there? we wanna be able to site see a little also. there are just so many choices and you never know whats a scam or not.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Default RE: new guy to the boards, looking for info

i looked down the list of forums and i missed the one about hunts, so i think i have posted in the wrong place. if it needs to be moved, please do so and i am sorry. if anyone feels like chiming in anyways, thank you. i have been to other, automotive, forums and they flame you like crazy for posting in the wrong place.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know anything about hunting in Canada, but I do know that Saskatchewan has some very, very big deer. As far as fishing, I'm not sure. But Eagle Lake in Ontario has some of the best fishing for everything in the world.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM

i dont think anyone here is goin to get on to u for posting in the wrong forum..besides your new here..welcome. The forum that is region specific will probably help you more..although people in here would be more than happy to share info of canada if they have any.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea there is a forum for Canada and other places but I'm sure many people on here could answer your questions about Canada. Not me though, closest I've been to Canada is Vermont. Welcome to HNI
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

welcome aboard.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi. Welcome to the site.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Centauri

I don't know anything about hunting in Canada, but I do know that Saskatchewan has some very, very big deer. As far as fishing, I'm not sure. But Eagle Lake in Ontario has some of the best fishing for everything in the world.
X2
Welcome!
Here is a place I've been paying close attention too, along with a couple of emails back and fourth and 1 phone call...
Seems legit??!!
Unfortunately I got vetoed by my buddy on this place, as he had a connection on a Texas hunt we went on last year instead.
Maybe someday but Sask. is the place I want to go next, I hope??!!
http://www.bigdeer.org/
Old 09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi and welcome to the best hunting and sporting site on the web , I would say the best advice I or anyone could give you is to look at the ( outfitters ) located in the orange tool bar.
They have one just for Canada and I'm sure you'll be able to find something that would intrest you.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome to the site. a great father and son hunt is in Newfoundland for Moose or Woodland Caribou. On my last trip up there in 2005 I shared a camp with two father and son teams from Georgia. They were the best of fun and had a great time. The world up there is nothing like the states believe me.I went to Snowshoe Lake Hunting and Fishing ([email protected])and had a blast. It was so good I went back 3 years in a row. Now I am on to the western elk hunts but Newfoundland holds a warm spot in my heart.

Quick Reply: new guy to the boards, looking for info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.