Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

In Iraq and New to Hunting

Old 09-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Spike

Default In Iraq and New to Hunting

Hello Everybody, I need some advice.
I'm currently in Iraq, due to return home in late Fall, and looking for some deer hunting help. I am stationedat Ft. Riley,Kansas, have only been deer hunting once before in my life, where I got extremely lucky, hitting a nice 165-pound 10 pointer with my shotgun.Since then, I've deployed twicefor over twoyears, andmy time in the Stateswas consumed with training betweenthe two deployments. I have recently bought a bow and am having it shipped over here to practice with before I get home.

I don't have any recent experience in the woods but am looking for advice on how to bowhunt. I figure if I do as much research as I can over here, I should be a step up when I get home. I can't wait to hit the woods when I get home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 09-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: In Iraq and New to Hunting

Hi, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

I hope you have a good experience here.