Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them >

If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

Old 09-29-2008, 05:45 PM

Default RE: If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

I'd shoot at em all except the mountain lion and bear. Bobcat would be nice for the wall!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

i would kill coyote or bobcat or anyothers besides the wolf and bears
Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

i live in GA, so if a mountain lion walked by you better believe i'd blow him away get myself on thecover ofGeorgia Outdoor News. we don't see those every day around here actuallyi'm kiddini'm pretty sure theres a law somewhere that makes that illegal in GA lol
Old 09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Spike

I would add florida panthers to the list . They've eliminated all hogs in the everglades and ruined the deer herd , not to mention most ground dwelling small critters are gone to.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

All on the list except the Bear.....

Predators need managed and controlled for the benefit of all othergame and non game species....

Old 10-01-2008, 01:50 PM

I will, and have, shot predators while deer hunting. However, it depends on the situation and location and regulations. I consider myself an ethical hunter and try to follow the rules at all times. In my home state of Alabama the only legal predators are coyote, fox, and bobcat. I would definitely kill any of these no matter what I was hunting, unless big boy was in sight! I would also kill a wild hog as they are a nuisance and are destroying habitat here. However, in Montana a few years ago, I spotted a grey wolf while bear hunting on public land, I did not shoot - even though I wanted to. A couple of the guys in town mentioned something called the three S's (Shoot 'em, Shovel 'em, and Shut up), lol. But, I will not kill unless it is legal. I understand the wolf is delisted in several NW states now and are fair game. I hope I get another chance to visit the Rockies in the near future.
ROLL TIDE
Old 10-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Coyote, mainly because I'd much rather hunt coyotes than deer, anyway. Bobcat if hides are selling good. Mountain lion or fox I'd probably pass on. If I see a bear or a wolf, I'll know I've had a little too much to drink.[8D]

If I see a raccoon, it's getting shot. We've got tons of them in places and they are hard on the quail population.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

If I had the proper licenses, absolutely. It was mentioned earlier that mountain lions are coming into western Nebraska. I would also add that they are nearing eastern Nebraska where I live. Some have even been spotted in Omaha. I say, if they come after me...or my horses...they're going down. It's pretty cool that the Game and Parks Commision has actually approved it, if they are after livestock.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to kill a mountain lion, but here in Oklahoma they are protected. You can't kill them unless you feel threatened or they are after livestock.

I have killed bobcat and coyotes while deer hunting.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 AM

I would shoot most of them. We have a Coyote problem in this area. So you can count on that one. You also forgot the common Ferrel house cat. They are considered the number one predator in this area. They are a huge problem. Even the normal house cat is bad. So any chance I get if I see a cat he getting smoked.

Quick Reply: If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.