Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What trumps a deer when hunting? >

What trumps a deer when hunting?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What trumps a deer when hunting?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What trumps a deer when hunting?

I agree with 2pappa 100%. There isn't anything in the deer woods that would make me take a shot other than a deer.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM

a good coyote is a dead coyote, getting rid of them is more important to me than a deer
Old 09-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

werewolf
Old 09-27-2008, 11:40 AM

If I am bored, even a crow can get shot at. I have killed everything you can imagine while deer hunting (except a hog, but only because I havent ever seen one). Gunshots for the most part do not bother deer. How many times have you killed multiple deer because after you shoot the first one, the rest have no idea where you are (and if you have to clean one......)? Unless you are a good distance away, you really have no idea where that gunshot came from, so how is a deer any different?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I think if your deer hunting, bow or gun, and you don't take a coyote that gives you a shot, your not doing your part for good management. Different strocks I spose.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM

squirells tend to get on my nerves when im deer hunting..crawlin around your stand and runnin about the woods makin you sometimes think a deer is runnin up on you..and they even give your position away sometimes i think..but i just take it out on em when i go squirell huntin..i shoot every one in site lol
Old 09-28-2008, 08:30 AM

coyote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

coyote... i shot one this spring while turkey hunting

Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coyotes....they scare Deer away and will kill turkeys,I shoot one every chance I get.Now last year on opening day of Rifle Deer Season we hunted a new Lease and a Doe and small 4-Point Buck ran right past my stand,about 30 minutes later a Coyote was on the same path but I didn't shoot it because I didn't want to scare any potential Big Bucks away...wish I would have shoot it now and I had several guys get after me for not shooting the Yote but it was my choice on the subject.About 1 hour later a Bobcat and 2 Kittens strolled past my stand later on and I couldn't shoot the bigger Bobcat because they weren't in season til about3 days later! [&:]But a Bobcat will be my next choice to shoot and have mounted when they are in season because I would love to have one mounted and hanging on my wall.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would shoot a yote if I saw one, but I have never seen one while hunting. Turkeys would be on my list. I don't mess with the squirrels. Too concerned with scaring deer away if I shot at them. Oh and shooting something else other than a deer with the chance of scaring a monster buck away?I hunt does mostly, so that reallynever crosses my mind. If a monster buck comes by then that's great, if not; no problem.

Quick Reply: What trumps a deer when hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.