Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thermacell

Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thermacell

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I can get them for $14.99.Thermacell
Could you please PM me where I can buy a Thermocell for this price? I'm currently looking to buy one and can't find this price...

Thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Well now that you asked it did occur to me that maybe they smelled me but beings that the first three deer I saw that night came in down wind of me and it wasn't until I turned the deal on (yes I do actually know how to fire it up! a college education is well worth the money!) that the deer started to get nervous and leave. Like the other guy stated earlier the deer didn't blow out of there but they knew something was up and left. My bad attitude huh. I guess I was insulted first. The guy asked how they work and mine and my buddy's don't work worth a damn so there you have it.

Everyone is so tough on message boards strutter. I love it!
For one thing, I was the other guy that stated the deer were alarmed. Secondly, you insulted me first, so I naturally retaliated. I was just making a suggestion and you blew it out of proportion because you were pissed off at the guy who did insult you. Third, I don't care if you like them or not. All I know is, they flat out work, yours didn't, but mine did and always has. Also, what did you expect when you insulted someone. I'm not trying to be a"computer tough guy", I'm just being human by retaliating. I'm finished with this and I hope there are no hard feelings. There are none here.I'm still interested in the earth scent wafer repellant, if there is such a thing.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

They show the earth scent refills on their website - http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/earthscent.asp

I haven't seen them in any stores yet though.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

I can get them for $14.99.Thermacell
Could you please PM me where I can buy a Thermocell for this price? I'm currently looking to buy one and can't find this price...

Thanks
There is a sporting goods store close to where I live that sells them for that price. Everywhere else they are $19.99 to$24.99. I think the store is going through some problems and they are lowering prices to get customersinterested. There's lots of competition in the market and with the way our economy is, businesses will try anything to get customers interested. It worked on me.I already had one, but bought two more. At that price, I couldn't pass it up.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

For one thing, I was the other guy that stated the deer were alarmed. Secondly, you insulted me first, so I naturally retaliated. I was just making a suggestion and you blew it out of proportion because you were pissed off at the guy who did insult you. Third, I don't care if you like them or not. All I know is, they flat out work, yours didn't, but mine did and always has. Also, what did you expect when you insulted someone. I'm not trying to be a"computer tough guy", I'm just being human by retaliating. I'm finished with this and I hope there are no hard feelings. There are none here.I'm still interested in the earth scent wafer repellant, if there is such a thing.
No hard feelings here strutter. I wish mine would work. I apologize if I pissed you off.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

we use one in the stand and just hanging out in the yard with the neighbors. works and worth more than the $$

Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Absolutely worth it! Awesome product and works awesome on keeping bugs away. Have had deer walk right underneath me while in use as well, so i believe it is totally scent free too.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

At BJ's wholesale club, I think last year sometime, I picked up 3 or 4 thermacells for about $13 each, and they were packaged differently. each came with 2 cartridges and 6 mats. At that price, it was like getting the unit free with 2 refills.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:40 AM

The Thermocell has been one of the cheapest and best purchases I have made for bow hunting. As far as deer spooking b/c of them, I havent seen this reaction from my deers on my lease, in fact during one hunting trip (prior to me buying the holster for it) I accidently knocked mine off my stand base and it was laying on the ground at the base of my tree still working away. I had a doe and fawn come in on me at 15 yds and they never even raised their nose.

I am sold on them and personally think it is a great product for a great price, I dont leave home without it. During early season bow hunts I actually turn mine on while I am at the truck getting ready and it is going strong by the time I get in my tree.

KP
Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Spike

Yep... until the first frost they are the most important piece of equipment I take to the woods! Wife and kids bought me one for my birthday, it's pretty awesome.