Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thermacell

Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thermacell

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

My thermacell is a POS. The flies and skeeters land right on the damn thing. The only thing that stupid deal repelled was the deer cuz they can smell it. I called them and the lady was real nice. She agreed that the deer could smell the regular pads but that they had come out with earth scent pads to correct it. I gave mine away. Worse money I've ever spent. Might as well have put on bug spray.
Your the first person I have ever heard say they didn't work, so I'm assumingeither you are doing something wrong or there could be a defect inthe one you bought.To put it simply, they work. I have had deer smell them before. They were nervous and eventually left the scene, but they were not terrified and bolt out of there like they do when they smell human scent. Buy another one and try it again. I promise you they work. BTW, has anyone tried the earth scent pads yet?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nchawkeyeProbably should get somebody to show you how to turn it on...

I see you have jokes today. That's good. Too bad it wasn't funny. If I didn't know how to turn it on jacka$$ then how would the deer smell it and run off. My buddy bought one too and had the same experience with it so I guess we are both retards. And why in the hell would I buy another one if the $35 I spent on this one was a waste. So let's see, I'll just go buy another one so it won't work either. Sounds like a good idea. Idiots.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nchawkeyeProbably should get somebody to show you how to turn it on...

I see you have jokes today. That's good. Too bad it wasn't funny. If I didn't know how to turn it on jacka$$ then how would the deer smell it and run off. My buddy bought one too and had the same experience with it so I guess we are both retards. And why in the hell would I buy another one if the $35 I spent on this one was a waste. So let's see, I'll just go buy another one so it won't work either. Sounds like a good idea. Idiots.
Your an idiot for spending $35 on one in the first place when you can get them for under $20. I was justtrying to help, and you want to call me an idiot. How is it you and your bud are the only ones it hasn't worked for. Maybe you are the idiot. I guess not all Thermacells are idiot proof. Have a crappy day, idiot!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent I guess.............
Old 10-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent I guess.............
Correct, and that is why I have won the battle. Should I send you a Thermacell that really works. I can get them for $14.99. I've heard somewhere that some genius paid $35 for one. I don't care if you use Thermacell or not, justdon't come on a forum with your crappy attitude calling someone an idiot who is trying to give advice. Get your ass carried off by mosquitoes, I could care less. BTW, have you ever though that maybe the deer smelled you, and not the Thermacell?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Spike

Not to interrupt the slug fest, but I bought one this year and used it for the first time. On the one hand, it did work and I would definitely use it if I hunted the southern swamps. However, here in western PA it has been pleasantly cool: even when the mosquitoes are out, it has been cool enough to wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt. With my hat and face net the only exposed skin is part of my face and my hands.

With that little space to protect, I have gone back to bug repellent. First, because the Thermocell does smell at least as much as the repellent and, second, because the pad that is advertised to last four hours started to give out after about 2 1/2: I spent the last hour with no protection.

If you don't have to deal with maximum exposure due to very warm temperatures, the bug repellent is cheaper, simpler, and can be applied as needed.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Well now that you asked it did occur to me that maybe they smelled me but beings that the first three deer I saw that night came in down wind of me and it wasn't until I turned the deal on (yes I do actually know how to fire it up! a college education is well worth the money!) that the deer started to get nervous and leave. Like the other guy stated earlier the deer didn't blow out of there but they knew something was up and left. My bad attitude huh. I guess I was insulted first. The guy asked how they work and mine and my buddy's don't work worth a damn so there you have it.

Everyone is so tough on message boards strutter. I love it!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think he bought one of the new scent dispenserThermacells instead of the insect repellent ones.

I've heard one other person say that theirs didn't work effectively. About 10 of BitterBirddogs posts are bashing thermacells so he seems to have something against them. I don't need someone to tell me whether they work or not, I've witnessed it first hand and they work.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well now that you asked it did occur to me that maybe they smelled me but beings that the first three deer I saw that night came in down wind of me and it wasn't until I turned the deal on (yes I do actually know how to fire it up! a college education is well worth the money!) that the deer started to get nervous and leave. Like the other guy stated earlier the deer didn't blow out of there but they knew something was up and left. My bad attitude huh. I guess I was insulted first. The guy asked how they work and mine and my buddy's don't work worth a damn so there you have it.

Everyone is so tough on message boards strutter. I love it!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

You'll have more luck deer hunting if you set up so the deer come in UP wind instead of DOWN wind...

Quick Reply: Thermacell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.