Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand? >

Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 PM

Default Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand?

What are your thoughts on wether or not to have a trail camera set up on the property that you are going to hunt if it has a regular flash that you can't shut off. I bought a couple of cheap digital trail cams to put up, but I am afraid that if I get a picture of a trophy buck, it won't be there for me to shoot it because it will be scared off. Would you put it by your stand?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand?

I think it really depends on the deer. Some deer might be scared by it, but some don't seem to mind at all. These guys have been coming in for the last month and don't seem to be phased by the camera flash.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

last year i had my trail cam which has a flash out and it never seemed to phase the deer big bucks or not. later in the year i hunted out of the same tree it was hung on and saw plenty of deer that came through the area although i did remove the cam the first time i went to the stand cause i didnt want to continually have to check the cam during the season
Old 09-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cameras are all in the general vicinity of my stands. I like to know what cruises by when I'm not there or what I can possibly hope for to come by.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

If I owned a flash camera I don’t think I would put it right next to the stand… If I had an I.R. camera I would.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

uhhhhmine is acroos the trail
Old 09-24-2008, 05:54 PM

I have mine out and walk to it once a week all since march to check it. It has a flash and I have some great photo's of the same buck from the whole summer, I am working on putting them on one page so you can see his growth through the year. He comes in about once every 3 - 5 days since I set it up and tonight I got a photo of one I have not seen all year, He has only one horn on his right side and he has come through 3 days in a row with a flash.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 of my cameras in my food plots, I havent noticed any signs that deer shy away from them.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM

the deer always come back..they have no idea what it is..i dont think it bothers them..its never been a problem for me
Old 09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are right where i feed.. i dont have them "on" while hunting but i do have them on the tree, once im done i turn it on.. But yes i use it where i hunt

Quick Reply: Would you put a trail camera with flash under your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.