Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ask me anything..im full of answeres >

ask me anything..im full of answeres

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ask me anything..im full of answeres

Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ask me anything..im full of anweres!!

ORIGINAL: countrymudder

[align=left]I didnt say I was master at spelling TimberCreek.The frequency that a deer poops changes between the spring and the fall. In the fall a deer will average 13 poops per day where in the spring it jumps to a whopping 24! You tell me when they feed more, and if you add in their 11 to 17 times a day of urination that is also a lot of scent being deposited. If you want cheap scent block (free) find a pile if deer poop and step in it! I also came to find out that the average number of pellets per pile is 74. No I did not sit down at every pile I found and count the poop, this was an actual test performed by biologists. It is said that if there are more than 74 then chances are good that it was from a buck. Happy counting! [/align]
That answer may have changed my life... 74 Pellets per pile? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed it was that many. I always heard that does poo in little loose pellets, but bucks make "logs" or clumps. So you're saying that the adverage number of pellets is a better for telling doe from buck poo than the actual way it's shaped when you find it? Sorry if this is nasty, but this changes everything!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wiggy

[align=left]I didnt say I was master at spelling TimberCreek.The frequency that a deer poops changes between the spring and the fall. In the fall a deer will average 13 poops per day where in the spring it jumps to a whopping 24! You tell me when they feed more, and if you add in their 11 to 17 times a day of urination that is also a lot of scent being deposited. If you want cheap scent block (free) find a pile if deer poop and step in it! I also came to find out that the average number of pellets per pile is 74. No I did not sit down at every pile I found and count the poop, this was an actual test performed by biologists. It is said that if there are more than 74 then chances are good that it was from a buck. Happy counting! [/align]
That answer may have changed my life... 74 Pellets per pile? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed it was that many. I always heard that does poo in little loose pellets, but bucks make "logs" or clumps. So you're saying that the adverage number of pellets is a better for telling doe from buck poo than the actual way it's shaped when you find it? Sorry if this is nasty, but this changes everything!
Lumpy droppings indicate softer to digest; grasses, clover, alfalfa, apples, and other forbs......
Round, individual droppings indicate deer have been eating browse such as leaves, twigs, and acorns.

it's not the sex of the deer that determines the poo clumping, it's the diet........

Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

If a man is alone in the woods where his wife can't hear him, is he still wrong?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

not internet materiallol..just read a lot of huntin magazines..i dont have time to sit around and count deer **** all day..thats the biologists job lol
Nice try
http://www.deerdown.com/hunting/Hunting.htm
Old 09-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mountain Cur

If a man is alone in the woods where his wife can't hear him, is he still wrong?
LOL!! According to my wife...Yes..the man is still wrong.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Methinks countrymudder has brown eyes, 'cause hunting lore ain't all he's full of...
Old 09-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

I have a redbone pup that will strike and run his own coon with or without other dogs, but will not stick on the tree. What can I do to get him to stick?
I can give an alternate suggestion to add to countrymudder answer. Carry the dog with a hard-treeing dog and let them hunt together, if the dog is still a pup he might pick up on the traits of the hard-treeing dog. A hard-treeing dog will claw the tree up and down while he is treeing, but make sure the dogs you carry it with is not a ill-temptered treeing dog that will fight over a treed coon. Your dog could have experienced this already hunting with other dogs, which is why he could be tree-shy. Next suggestion would be to shoot a couple coons out to the dog and let him have them. He is still a pup you said and hopefullythis trait will come with age. Also some dogs will never tree-hard they just dont have the drive or determination to do it, although this is a common characteristic of a young pup. If he is striking and running, chances are he will come around to being a good tree dog. good luck
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm... I can use google too.

Anyways, for laughs and giggles I need some "answers".

What's the meaning of life?

Can fat people go skinny dipping?

What do you do when an endangered animal eats endangered plants?

Why does my wife like to shop so much?

Have you ever snipe hunted?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Meaning of life- no clue
SKinny dipping fat people-Let's hope not

Endangered animals and endangered plants?- who knows
Your wife shopping?-If she's anything like the women in my family, she shops so she has a reason to complain about stuff and take things back!
Snipe Hunting- Yes, hunt them all the time

they can be quite the challenge to hit sometimes. Especially with a pillow case.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bocajnala

Meaning of life- no clue
SKinny dipping fat people-Let's hope not

Endangered animals and endangered plants?- who knows
Your wife shopping?-If she's anything like the women in my family, she shops so she has a reason to complain about stuff and take things back!
Snipe Hunting- Yes, hunt them all the time

they can be quite the challenge to hit sometimes. Especially with a pillow case.
LOL!! Very nice responses. Now that pic isn't of the women in your family, is it? [:-]

Quick Reply: ask me anything..im full of answeres

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.