HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Buck Bomb??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/264030-buck-bomb.html)

Dukers19 09-19-2008 10:40 PM

Buck Bomb???

Anyone ever try this stuff? I see that they are now coming out w/ a Buck Bomb MIster that releases scent at scheduled times. I'm not a huge scent guy, but I'm wondering what the word on the street is about this stuff.

Bocajnala 09-19-2008 11:36 PM

RE: Buck Bomb???

I've seen it, my uncle has said it works. I have not used it, so I'm really no help at all. But he does say it has worked before.

afrdnckhntr 09-20-2008 10:02 AM

ive heard boths sides of the story my buddy says they work great but ive also heard they can be a pain

Pat Curtis 09-20-2008 11:42 AM

I've had some success with the Estrous bomb. I spray it every few steps to my stand instead of using a scent drag. When I get in my stand, I set it wide open and throw it on the ground.

GVoverstreet7 09-21-2008 08:47 AM

i highly recommend buck bomb doe in estrus and dominate buck. it is able to mist the air which gets your scent out and about faster. this stuff works, hands down it is the only thing i use. so go buy as much as possible

wi_buckstomper 09-21-2008 08:58 AM

i have never used it but it just seems like it is giving off to much scent. I mean a deer would not give of that much. Just seems a lil overkill.

mossberghunter93 09-21-2008 07:18 PM

i got some for my birthdya and i was wondereing should i use the whole can at once or just afew sprays?

kevin1 09-22-2008 06:14 AM

The new timed mister is a much betteridea than the "all or nothing" approach of the original Buck Bomb, there is definitely such thing as overkill with any scent. I couldn't help but notice the spray unit's resemblance to the Glade timed sprayers I have in my home, the only difference was a camoouter shell, and probably the price.

crenshaw 09-22-2008 07:07 AM

I have used the Buck Bomb with great success. But dont use the whole can at once. I usually hold it down for about 10-15 seconds when i first get in the stand and then maybe a spray here or spray there through out my sit. I have had deer come pretty regular. the doe estrus works the best. the idea is it puts the smell in the air and lets the wind take it.

Just be careful when you spray it, you dont want to spray yourself. but i love them.
I use the empty cans to through at the button bucks that wont leave when im trying to get down.lol

Planter 09-22-2008 07:24 AM

I have had four bucks (dead)in two years walk right up to the buck bomb (estrus)like they were on a string. I have always used James valley with good success as well. When a deer has his nose on your buck bomb when you shoot it's gotta be working.
I do wonder if it's widespreaduse is gonna make it less productive. I figure EVERY deer in the country has smelled Tink's a few times.
I hunt area's where the only agriculture is the grass on peoples lawns. My deer do not follow the same trails with any/much predictability andscent used properly can really work.

I also really believe that scents are more apt to bring in young deer rather than older more worldly bucks..
I never thought about using the bomb in small doses.. I just toss it like a grenade. I will have to try it.