Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What to eat

Old 09-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: What to eat

Dang Buck, do you skin 'em first or eat 'em whole. Seems like you be crappin' squirrel fur for a week!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Skin em and make ear muffs[8D]. I eat them raw of course. wouldnt be a man otherwise.

But really I usually eat something on the way out in the truck as I dont hunt all day. I do always have something to drink which often leads to me having to pee in less than ideal locations but I am still fairly successful.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

My girl is a Pastry Chef Her rasberry/huckleberry oatmeal bars are amazing. I also carry my Jetboil and frozen stews,soups and curries. Water,coffee, etc... Always have a PB&J with homemade preserves.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

If Im hunting all day I just eat a decent breakfast and I usually fine all day and I take a frozen bottle of Coke with me, stays cold all day.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gatorade and peanut butter cups.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Spike

I sometimes bring hard boiled eggs. Easy and quiet to eat , packs plenty of energy.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

PB&J 90% of the time (Gotta be careful with the jelly though. I don't want sticky hands). Maybe a couple of granola bars or some trail mix and water. I don't like to eat too much when on stand.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Spike

hmm, sandwitches, candy, jerky, pop and sunflower seeds... hey its a long day!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Spike

my daughter makes me a dry {1\2 the butter} oatmeal & rasin cookie batter. I buy a bag of the trail mix at walmart that has all types of seeds, nuts, rasins, cranbeeries, other fruits,white chocolate chips..... take out the suff i dont like, like almonds bannana chips.... mixthe remainsin to the batter. roll out candy bar size portions put them into glad fold top sandwich bag,then put intothe frezer.in cold wheather they stayhard,no noise when unrapping them, lots of energy and tast gooood. And of course you have to have a crunchy PB& straberry jelly sandich and water
Old 09-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Jerky, deer or beef works real good. Keeps you occupied with chewing and is slow to digest so you won't get hungry as often. Bring some water to sip and a good book so you can stay awhile. Carbonated drinks will dehydrate you fast and make you have to pee more often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.