Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

switchback xt

Old 09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Spike

Default switchback xt

I bought a switchback xt (07 model) from my buddy because he decided he had to have dxt. I was just wondering what ya'll think about them and also should i put limbsavers on it. any info would help.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: switchback xt

i shoot one and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did put limbsavers on mine. the round ones. this thing is super quick and with some good parts is really quiet. I am sure you will enjoy. Good luck
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

although, if you put this post in the bowhunting forum you will get a ton or responses
Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bud shoots one, its a nice rig. I'd just throw some cat whiskers on it and go from there. Good Luck!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have a switchback XT. and I can tell you from fiddling with it you dont have to do a dam thing. The string supressers already on the bow make it deadly quiet, and putting more things on the string will slow it down. the limbsavers are fine, but i really dont think you need them. My buddy owns a mathews pro shop and he agrees the bow comes ready to hunt, just add sight and rest, stablizer and peep and hunt. Amazing bow!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite bow I have ever owned. Would not trade for the world now...

I've had it for 3 seasons now... killed a ton with it. Smooth, quiet, decent speed, very forgiving. It's got it all...

Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RIStrutStopper

My bud shoots one, its a nice rig. I'd just throw some cat whiskers on it and go from there. Good Luck!
Negative....It will only slow it down, you don't need anything on this bow, not even limb savers....you have string supressors and built in dampners already, prob. the 2nd best bow Mathews ever put out behind the LX. IMO
Old 09-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and I love it, put dampners on the inside of the limbs and string leeches on the string
Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I did forget about the built in dampeners. I forgot how quiet my friends bow is without anything on the string.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Negative....It will only slow it down, you don't need anything on this bow, not even limb savers....you have string supressors and built in dampners already, prob. the 2nd best bow Mathews ever put out behind the LX. IMO
I agree, you don't need anything....

Quick Reply: switchback xt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.