Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

fingers v. release

Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 PM

Default fingers v. release

Anyone here still shoot fingers?I grew up shooting fingers and love it, but everyone else I know shoots release. I have tried and don't feel comfortable. Just curious why you use them or don't.
thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fingers v. release

I used to shoot fingers. I quit shooting for a while, and when I picked it back up again I tried a release. It is much more consistent. Also, many bows on the market today were designedfor usewith a mechanical release.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do...Never changed from fingers...Seems to me if you can hit what you are shooting at, no
need to change...
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 PM

that is how i feel. I never shoot over 20 yards and I can consistantly group at 25 in practice, but I plan on buying a new bow next year and I am aware that they are designed for releases and I am not to happy about that.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out the Reflex Caribou...It's a finger bow...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:51 PM

I'm a finger shooter. Most of my buddies shoot releases too, but they haven't convinced me to switch yet. They may be a little more accurate, but I promise you I can be ready to shoot quicker than they can. Where I hunt you don't have all day to look them over! Most of my kills have happened pretty fast.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM

i dont see what makes a bow either way when you buy one tell the man how you shoot and have it set up that way
Old 09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: backstrap fever

i dont see what makes a bow either way when you buy one tell the man how you shoot and have it set up that way
A finger bow islonger than the short bows you see today...The Caribou is about 44 inches axle to axle, so you don't pinch your fingers when you shoot...
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use to shoot fingers all the time, took me quite awhile to make the change , but i finally did. theres nothing wrong with shooting either way, just do what is more comfortable to you
Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my release now, but you'll never leave your fingers in the truck or drop them from your tree stand

Quick Reply: fingers v. release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.