HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Can you be succesful bowhunting from a popup or ground blind? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/262151-can-you-succesful-bowhunting-popup-ground-blind.html)

grillmaster 09-08-2008 07:19 PM

Can you be succesful bowhunting from a popup or ground blind?

I'm asking just curious how you more experienced folks feel about this. I was given a pretty nice pop up blind for free so i don't see the point in buyinga tree stand right before i go to Korea for a yr. Plus the areas where i am setting to hunt don't offer much in the way of big trees just mainly some small cedar trees so my options are limited anyway. Heck i can barely find a place to put my trail cams.

Wimuzzleman 09-08-2008 07:23 PM

RE: Can you be succesful bowhunting from a popup or ground blind?

I think you can. I dont own a tree stand but i have done alright with my bow. I love being on the ground up close and personal with a big ol' buck

zrexpilot 09-08-2008 07:57 PM

Pop -ups are real nice, and they work good. You just need to set it out and leave it so deer will get use to it. They real help conceal your movement and even conceal some of your scent. I own 2 and have killed a lot of deer and hogs out of them.

TexasBowHunter 09-08-2008 08:19 PM

Like the other guys said they work, I will also throw out there that youmight want to brush them in pretty good too!!!

robbcayman 09-08-2008 08:43 PM

My dad who just turned 60 will only hunt from a ground blind and he has no problems smacking them.

TRACKER 09-08-2008 09:09 PM

I used one last year and it worked great .
Your not invisable so try to locate it within a tree line or brushy setting so it will blend in .
Also when you do spot a deer you want to take , move slowly , deer are curious but also can be very spooky at times ... Good luck ......

Mottz 09-08-2008 09:17 PM

Agree with everyone, except they forgot 1 thing. You're protected from rain, snow,wind. Makes for more enjoyable hunts.

zrexpilot 09-08-2008 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Mottz

Agree with everyone, except they forgot 1 thing. You're protected from rain, snow,wind. Makes for more enjoyable hunts.
Yep, they are actually pretty warm in cold weather

wisbowhunter2009 09-09-2008 06:12 AM

yes they are very nice.. I barrowed one last year and i loved it, this year i bought a nice Ameristep Outback blind, so far i love it, i put it on a edge of a field with 5 small 7 foot white pines surrounded me and then i cut some branches off other tree's and put them on the roof and sides, from 30 yards away, you cant even see it...