Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun )  SP ? >

Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mr Whitetail ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

Im watchig him right now, hes hunting in Iowa, missed a deer with his pistol at what they said was 25 yds. Be back later with the outcome.

well he scored on his second shot, a 200" monster and he made a perfect shot.
whew ! about time.
but thats 5 misses and 2 hits out of his last 7 shots that I have seen.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

I dont think anybody on those tv shows is worth a f*** at shooting. I wouldnt be affraid to go toe to toe with them in a shoot off. 3d, 5 spot, vegas, skeet...bring it.

Watched a show yesterday that he was hunting somewhere and there was a deer on the opposite side of a pile of brush and he shoots right through it, well he killed it but it ended up being a 6 pointer and he was just like well thats not the deer i was after but this one is beautiful...im just as proud of this one as i am my 170 class buck....im sitting there thinking come on old man....that thing prob wasnt even a year old..
Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM

I quit watching shows on Whitetail hunting. Tired of it.
If you really want to get lathered up about poor hunters and shooters. Try opening day here in California.
Which is next weekend. The total rifle war will begin next Saturday.
You can sit on a ridge. When the sun comes up you will here 4 shots back to back. A pause. And then 4 more.
When opening morning starts in this State. You have to find a very large rock to hide behind.
And the deer you do see taken. Are dinks. They shoot the first one they see on opening day and go home for the year.

T

Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: thommon

I quit watching shows on Whitetail hunting. Tired of it.
If you really want to get lathered up about poor hunters and shooters. Try opening day here in California.
Which is next weekend. The total rifle war will begin next Saturday.
You can sit on a ridge. When the sun comes up you will here 4 shots back to back. A pause. And then 4 more.
When opening morning starts in this State. You have to find a very large rock to hide behind.
And the deer you do see taken. Are dinks. They shoot the first one they see on opening day and go home for the year.

T

Sounds like western New York State. I was up there a few years ago and I never heard a single shot by itself. Every single time a deer was shot at it was a three shot volley. I think that's all they are allowed to load in their shotguns. I heard now they can use rifles up there I hope that's true. Some weird stuff goes on up there. (at least where I was, finger lakes area)

Anyway, Larry weishuhn is a big game biologist. The reason he hunts those guided hunts is he gets them for free and the guide gets exposure on tv. Plus he gets to hunt some primo land. Nothing wrong with that. However if you can't hit a bull in the ass with a base fiddle, you need to start practicing! Seeing as how he's human like most of us here on the forum, he may gets the dreaded "Buck Fever", who knows. Maybe he is shakin' like awhore in church, like the rest of us. Maybe he is pressured to get the shot on film, unlike the rest of us.

If you ask me his eyesight is the issue. His glasses are as think as Coke bottles. Hell, his next prescription will probably be a dog!

I do enjoy watching those shows, but I do DVR them and fast forward through them too. Too many commercials, and they constantly rehash what happened earlier, which is usually nothing. Don't waste my freakin time.

They are good for watchin when you cant be out there yourself, that's all.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've given up on watching these shows. Everyhost hunts on ranches, and every time, a buck of a lifetime comes along. It is just so unrealistic.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy watching Roger Raglin, buts that about it. With most other shows I just got tired of them taling about Thompson Center. I actaully dont like that company just b/c of their advertising, kind of silly but it just gets old as all get out hearing it mentioned all the dam time.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Default RE:vabyrd ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

it's not deer hunting that's "over blown", it's the ego's of the self-righteous,self proclaimed "experts" and the millionaire game ranch owners.The prices charged to hunt book class deer,(which can't make the book no matter how much you pay,the fences disqualfy the entry!)are obscene, but like an earlier post stated,as long as people are willing to pay it .but there's no way you can fault the sport of deer hunting because of some lazy inept wanna-be hunters that have to be held by the hand and sit in a shack blind to kill a good buck!! so, they've got $15,000 to kill a trophy deer,they still probably couldn't find their own butt in a dark room with a flashlight AND a map!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RE:vabyrd ( Larry Wiseshoun ) SP ?

I like Tred Barta. He's a jerk sometimes, but he is a for real hunter.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Barta is crazy to watch. He is more like the people and way I hunt with. Jacking around, having fun but serious about the hunt and type of hunt. Something about hunting smart and hard that is fulfilling. I do have posts on my gorund but I still like the stalk method, can't sit still or hunt on a field all day. It's just me, my Bro inlaw huints all day instand and is happy w/ that. I like Barta's type of hunting!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Barta cracks me up. The guy can hunt. That's for sure.
The guy I can't stand is on the show "The One."
Not Trevor. He can fish like his Dad.
You know. The guy that fell asleep during a super bowl game?
It's the guy with the hat the says Team Something.
He bugs me.

T