Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

I must ask,why would it be illegal to rid YOUR property of a nuisance and threat to your property?

If a dog is in MY garbage on my property,I can shoot it.A cat however has ultimate domain and must be left alone.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I must ask,why would it be illegal to rid YOUR property of a nuisance and threat to your property?

If a dog is in MY garbage on my property,I can shoot it.A cat however has ultimate domain and must be left alone.
I would give them the 3 strike rule, before I killed them. But Yeah I don't see anything wrong with if you done all you can through the animal control people. Then do it yourself. If its a mut and sick and fered up then I'd kill it in a sec, but I'd hate to think I kill some little kids only pet. But thats not whats going on here KILL THEM ALL AND DON'T TELL ANYONE OTHER THAN US>.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

my suggestion? A ruger 10/22
Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 AM

The sad thing is in most places you are not even allowed to kill our own pet if it is sick, let alone someone elses. When I grew up if our dog or cat got sick or run over you just popped them and put them in the ground. Now you have to have a vet do it and pay for it. We are going through this right now with my girlfriend. Her step father past away a few weeks ago and he has a dog in a pen in the back yard. They were told someone will have to pay to have it put to sleep. I told them to let it go and call the dog warden.

You really need to find out what the laws are in your area, not take advice from a bunch of people on the internet.

Paul
Old 09-07-2008, 02:10 PM

From experience working at a animal shelter I cant tell you how many times we were involved with neighbors bring neighbors animals in and it was always are fault because there animal was there and they had to pay to get it back.I just told them to keep it on there own property and it wouldnt be getting brought in.Most times the animal would only be brought in a coupletimes andeither it was leftor the fixed the problem except one time we had a dog brought in 18 times and it cost them 215 dollars the first day and 5.00 extra everyday it was there after They finally gave the dog up
Old 09-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the authorities find one of the animals remains on your property with a bullit or arrow going through bone , you can't blame it on the coyotes, unless the animal was being attacked by a coyote and you tried to save it and missed.Do your self a favor and call the CO's or the other person some one mentioned.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: jemrami9

antifreeze and hamburger?
my thoughts exactly same goes for cats
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ask that to the count in KY that was sued for shooting dogs as a form of euthinization.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:26 PM

whackem'. i would not tolerate that crap. i've had dogs chase deer out from under my stand before. if i had enough time they might be dead now.... haha
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 PM

The story I relate involved cats and was told to me by a friend. Growing up the next farm over was overrun with cats, the old lady living there just kept feeding them and they bred out of control. Every now and then a cat would get hit by a passing car or pick-up. Well, the rate of cats getting hit by passing traffic picked up until the cat population was under control. The old lady lamented that all her cats were getting run over when crossing the road, as just about every other day another cat carcass would appear on the road shoulder.

Moral of the story, one doesn't necessarily have to SSS... one could S, leave by the side of the road with tire tracks, and S. Then the neighbor might get the idea that it's not a good idea to let his dogs run loose or they might get hit on the road.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.