Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Spike

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

I agree with eelriver. DO it and don't tell.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Way I look at it:
1) Dogs running loose and Deer hunting can not Co-exist on the same piece of property.
2) I am paying a Mortgage and ~4500.00 year Property taxes to hunt My land.
3) I am not working My a$$ off to give your dogs a place to run.

If I see the same dog(s) running loose on my land a couple of times. (not just some ones pet got out one time)
No warning, no calls to the law, problem solved.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Under no circumstances would I call the Humane Society. They are not your friend.

I've never had a big problem, but on a couple of occasions I have seen a dog while hunting, and I have given them a pass. If it became a continuing problem, I would try to find out who the owner is and tell them. If it continued or I couldn't determine the owner. SSS.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

All 50 states have hunter harassment laws. Call your area CO, they will probably be a liitle more aggressive than the local PD.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

All 50 states have hunter harassment laws. Call your area CO, they will probably be a liitle more aggressive than the local PD.
I agree, but do not kill the dogs, its not their fault and that is point blankanimal cruelty if you did do it. Basically stooping to their level so i wouldn't recommend it.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Okay.. I realize that the dogs are the issue here but they don't seem to be the problem. The problem is your neighbor. I would file charges against them. There's the obvious of animal abuse and neglect if the dogs aren't on there vaccines. There is also the noise from the barking with has to be some sort of legal violation. Plus there's the whole tresspassing thing that the dogs are doing in the first place. I had the same problem afew years ago and luckily this dog had a history of violent behaviors and he just so happened to go after an animal of mine so I shot him and when the sherif came I simply explained the entire history of the situation and got off pretty much scott free except for afew fines and what not. I had how ever made numerous complaints about them on my families land first. Remember that killin the dog should be a last resort but sometimes things just happen (i think they're called "accidents". Maybe the dogs could have one of those.)
Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 PM

and got off pretty much scott free except for afew fines and what not.
Umm, that is not scott free. You obviously got charged with something if you had to pay fines for it. If you would have been justified in dispatching the animal they would have done nothing, and possibly fined the owners instead of you.

Paul
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'm good friends with a lawyer who sees a boatload of cases regarding animal cruelty/killing over crap just like this. You'd be amazed how much of an issue this is and youwill pay thru the nose if you kill these animals. As frustrating as it must be....do whatever you can to avoid dispatching these pests. You may end up paying dearly if you don't.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

Call Conservation Agent in your area, if these dogs are chasing game(deer) that's harassment he can put an end to this real Quick.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Ha ha Wow in Or. you would be shot for shooting a dog. I would do it tho if it was my land. If they aren't being taken care of and sick looking put them down.

But if you called all the animal cops type of people than they should come out see how many dogs they have see all the pics you have. See that they need to take their pets and here in Or. they would put you in jail. Well not all Or. just around Eugene.

I wouldn't take it into your own hands until the animal control won't do anything about it. Good luck. Watch out tho if you do kill them if your caught you can get into a little bit of trouble if its anything like around here.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.