Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

I have the same problem. About 5 years ago, the land bordering my hunting property used to be beautiful farmland. Then it was sold, now a couple old dikes (literally) live there and dont respect hunters. They have 3 or 4 dogs that are always running on my property and nothing makes you more frustrated.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:08 PM

hey i had this problem to i just started shootin them cuz they are on your land so just grab a 22. or 12 guage it works perfect i just throw them in the woods and let the coyotes eat them..... if your neighbor ask where they went say you have know idea where they went.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

I had this exact problem two years ago. I trapped the dogs with a trap that did not harm them and then took them to the pound. eventually the owner got tired of having to pay to get his dog back and fenced them in.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:39 PM

i have had the same problem after numerous attempts with the owner i trapped them ad called the dog warden the owners got tired of bailing their dogs out of jail and the problem was solved
Old 09-06-2008, 06:10 AM

If their dogs are a problem, they are not neighbors!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Trapping and sending to the pound forcing the owner to pay to release there dog is the humane way to do it. Now, if you start seeing the same trapped dogs again then shoot and bury and if your confronted blame the local coyote pack. Believe me, I hunt Steubin County and there are yotes there to blame.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I had a similar problem with my neighbors 9 dogs who were allowed to roam free when we moved in. I put up with them until they started to get aggressive and finally one bit my wife and all that stopped. I talked with them about it but they wouldn't do anything. Here in Vermont if an unleashed aggressive dog is on your property and you feel threatened you are allowed to shoot them. I didn't want to do that so I reported them to the town and had the animal control officer contact them and make sure they were all vaccinated and licensed (only 5 of 9 were). I then had my lawyer send them a registered letter stating I would sue them in the event that another trespassing or attack happened again. They hired a contractor and had a 6' fence built all around their yard and we haven't had the problem since. The barking occasionally is bothersome but when it happens I call the people and remind them that their dogs are creating a nuisance which is against the dog ordinance here. They know we mean business and usually take care of the problem.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

I used to have that problem i too asked the guy to keep his dogs tied he did not , so i turned mine loose and i have ROTTYS after a few of his was handled by mine they quit coming around , but his dogs were also mean and chased my children on occassion but those were handled by me the others by jake and nellie you need to borrow them i might be able to take a vacation lol
Old 09-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just a little off the subject, mine is cats crapping next to my house. I've put it on their porch, driveway and called them in. But they keep getting bailed out. What I wouldn't pay right now to have my German Shepherd back!!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bubbass123

If their dogs are a problem, they are not neighbors!!!
Here, here! I agree. Trap the buggers and take them to the pound!

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.