Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Simple and Quite.. Buy a few arrows at the sports store that are cheaper. And let them fly....
Going through the same thing with our neighbors dogs right now. I make sure i call humane society every time they are left outside barking and running around free. and at night which they bark till 4am sometimes, i make sure i call the sheriffs...

Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Invite him over for some fresh Dog Jerky
Old 09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the way you all think! Had a few Doberman's that lived on a farm near a property I hunt a while back. Farmer passed away and no one could get the dogs. Let's just say the problem was "solved" within the first few days of deer season. Good luck with the shoot, I mean, humanely finding an answer to you problem that doesn't involve killing
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

I would first try to call the authorities to come take the dogs and shut them down. If that doesnt work, see if the dogs have tags and collars. If they dont, Most states would call that a ferrel dog out in the country. hate to say it but Open season, case closed.

the farmer down the street from me gave warnings to one of my neighbors multiple time about her blue ticks chasing deer and cattle. And one day she came home and the farmer had returned her dogs to her with out air in them.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM

Catch themtake them to the local shelter and they should have to pay to get them back anyway thats how it works at are local shelter
Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 PM

Well now that you already made an issue of it and made reports and everything if you decide to shoot them you are going to be the first person they come looking to. And I would imagine it is very illegal to do so. If that is the route you wanted to take you should have done it right off the bat and never said anything to anyone about. And if you do do that, make darn you sure you drop them. If a wounded animal wanders back home you could be a boat load of trouble. Don't poison them, that is a horrible way to go and not very humane.

Check to see if there are any zoning laws in your area that limits the amounts of pets you can own. Some places will not allow someone to own that many dogs unless they are a registered dog breeder/kennel. And I would assume you would need a license and permits for that. And obey all laws, like not letting them run wild.

I say at this point have another talk with the law and see what your options are. Video and or pictures probably wouldn't hurt. And if you could prove they were doing damage to your property it might help even more. Like if one were to attack one of your pets, livestock or threaten a family member. Then it would no longer be a simple trespassing issue.

Paul
Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

THis spring I had 2 longbeards at 70 yrds and comin fast when all of a sudden the damn hound dog that the farmer owns at the bottom of my property came tearin butt through the woods straight at the turkeys. Never saw another longbeard for the rest of april. Dang dogs
Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Well now that you already made an issue of it and made reports and everything if you decide to shoot them you are going to be the first person they come looking to. And I would imagine it is very illegal to do so. If that is the route you wanted to take you should have done it right off the bat and never said anything to anyone about. And if you do do that, make darn you sure you drop them. If a wounded animal wanders back home you could be a boat load of trouble. Don't poison them, that is a horrible way to go and not very humane.

Check to see if there are any zoning laws in your area that limits the amounts of pets you can own. Some places will not allow someone to own that many dogs unless they are a registered dog breeder/kennel. And I would assume you would need a license and permits for that. And obey all laws, like not letting them run wild.

I say at this point have another talk with the law and see what your options are. Video and or pictures probably wouldn't hurt. And if you could prove they were doing damage to your property it might help even more. Like if one were to attack one of your pets, livestock or threaten a family member. Then it would no longer be a simple trespassing issue.

Paul

exactly... you will be #1 suspect if something happens and the cops take animal cruelty pretty seriously.. It is not worth losing your hungint permit over. Not only that but shooting someone's dog is pretty lousy
Old 09-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

get ur 12 gauge and and pack them pooches full of lead
Old 09-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to take a more diplomatic approach. I understand your frustration, but what is going to happen when the neighbors start missing dogs? They will say you've been complaining about them and now all of the sudden they are missing their dogs. You saidthat you had documentation of all the events,which means they will too.

Personally, I would load them in my vehicle and take them to the pound. Over a period of a few weeks all the dogs will be there and you will have removed them legally. If you just go blasting their dogs you're likely to face criminal prosecution.

Thegood thing about this plan is it will cost the owners money and time in order to get their dogs back.I find that money is a great motivator. If they don't pick them up, problem solved too.

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.