HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   API Highpoint climber/ Check it out>> (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/261515-api-highpoint-climber-check-out.html)

trkyhntr247 09-05-2008 10:13 AM

API Highpoint climber/ Check it out>>

API Highpoint climber/ Check it out>>
[hr]

Has anyone seen this stand???
API HIghpoint climber, Whats api's reputation??
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults[/align]__________________
[/align]

jrbsr 09-05-2008 10:25 AM

RE: API Highpoint climber/ Check it out>>

Weighing only 17 lbs. the API Hi-Point Climbing Treestand is a high-quality climbing stand at a great price. The Hi-Point features durable aluminum construction and comfortable padded seat, backrest, and climbing seat bar. Camouflage seat and padding and non-glare finish helps stand blend into the woods. Quiet 20'' x 28'' platform. Vinyl-covered power grip chain holds stand to tree firmly and securely. Weight: 17 lbs.
Maximum weight capacity: 300 lbs. [ul]Features: [*]Lightweight 17 lbs. climbing treestand[*]Strong, durable aluminum construction[*]Comfortable padding on seat, backrest, and climbing seat bar[*]Non-glare finish[*]Camouflage seat and padding[*]20'' x 28'' platform[*]300 lb. weight capacity [/ul]

At only $149.88 it looks real good to me.
Any one used one of these ?

MikeVT 09-05-2008 11:51 AM

Ask 3 different guys what their favorite stand is and you will probably get 3 different answers. I can tell you this, I have owned an API Grand Slam for the last 12 or 13 years, and I have never used anything else.

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-05-2008 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeVT

Ask 3 different guys what their favorite stand is and you will probably get 3 different answers. I can tell you this, I have owned an API Grand Slam for the last 12 or 13 years, and I have never used anything else.
I agree I love my API stand.....I have the Magnum Supreme, my friend used his for one year, and never hunted anymore, I'm going to pick it up from him this weekend.....$120, well worth it

WesternMdHardwoods 09-05-2008 01:43 PM

That is a heck of a deal!! I have an API Grand Slam Supreme Lite for probably 8-10 yrs and absolutely love it!
Would I buy another API...Yes especially this one looks great! If I was to spend a few hundred on another climber I think I will look around at other options because I dont see no need to have the same (2) treestands!

The only downfall I have found with API is there problem with coming out with new styles and different options.............but I guess if it aint broke dont fix it!!!!

usmc1978 09-05-2008 06:17 PM

I've had a Grand Slam for about 12 years. I can't speak for the 'current' APIs (I think they're made in China), but I love the one I have. That thing really bites a tree: the contact points are a 'sawtooth' design and are beveled to boot. Straps to the tree with a chain that is secured with pins. I don't like some of the other attachment systems out there, they don't seem as secure.

SouthernStrut56 09-06-2008 06:34 AM

Same here, I've had my API grand slam supreme for almost 10 years and it's still in great shape. The only thing that could stand to be replaced are of course the chains, butto this daythey still have never been replaced. Like usmc said, I'm not sure about the newer API's, but the older grand slams are definitely some of the best ever made.

smokems 09-07-2008 02:49 PM

I have a grand slam bowhunter, that I have used for about 10-12 years (I have had it so long I cant remember when I actually bought it). Its a great stand, as someone stated above, the only thing that could use replacing is the chains (and they havent been), but thats my fault, 2 years I left it on the tree I hunted out of. My only wish was that I had bought one that had a shooting rail, because I have become more of a rifle hunter than bow hunter.

nchawkeye 09-07-2008 02:58 PM

I've got 2 older ones as well, a Supreme and a Magnum...Fortunately I bought shooting rails for both so I used them from September-January...

I've read about some guys recovering the chains with a hose from a hardware store, I just wrap them in duct tape every year or so...

flips2 09-07-2008 03:02 PM

I have this same stand. I bought a couple of years ago but it came with old style cables and not chains. I love the stand but I am going to replace the cables with chains even though I don't like the concept of the chains. But I guess I will have to deal with that.