Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

where do the big ones go

Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 AM

Default where do the big ones go

I corn and corn every day. still i do not now the derr goes at all times. I see them some never on the corn where does it go. I do not now.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: where do the big ones go

trailcam.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Less baiting, more legwork, the big boys rarely fall for a pile of corn that smells like trouble.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with kevin, but now is not the time to be stepping in some big boys bedroom, save that for the spring
Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

kevin1 is spot on, on the ranch I hunt we run a year round supplement feeding program as well as several cameras. The mature bucks will skirt those areas in the daytime more often than not, there is nothing wrong with putting a little corn out but you will have to still find the deer. Good luck with it!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need a trailcam. All the nice bucks i get eating corn are nocturnal, and stay that way until the rut.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Find the bedding areas. These may be thickets, ridge tops or benches, swamps, or even small pieces of cover in more open country. Big bucks get that way by keeping a low profile. You may catch one coming to or from its bedbefore or afterfeeding, so plan a stand site along his route. Don't get too close to the bed at first. As the season goes on, adjust your stands as needed based on what you see.

Once the rut is on, hunt all day, and be on your toes in the middle of the day. Big bucks know that many hunters only hunt early and late.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bigjindaclub

I corn and corn every day. still i do not now the derr goes at all times. I see them some never on the corn where does it go. I do not now.
They are in Vegas having a good ole time.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe its the fact that you are at your corn pile every day. They probably smell you. If your going to bait try and not go to the bait site every day..
Old 09-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe they climb trees, so look up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.